Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK-2....I think!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=008

Nailed this. B-day present for my bro. I realize shipping is $50 bucks but I figured WTF, duncans, not so bad. even with the shitty soft case.

Am I missing something here? Looks like a DK2 to me!

Vass

Looks legit to me. Congrats man. Good score.
    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Not a bad score especially with it having Duncan's in it. Congratulations!

Comment

Yeah from the picture I can tell the bridge is a Seymour Ducan based on how wide the writing is- stretches past the 2nd to outermost pole pieces, with the designed logo it's much shorter, harder to tell if the other 2 are duncan designed.

Thanks for your congrats guys, I've gotten lucky on ebay so far, let's hope this one goes as smoothly as the last!

Vass

Comment

UPDATE- Only the bridge is Duncan. Rest are designed. Not a big deal. Anyone know if it's a JB?

I'm a little confused on the DK-2's...All Duncan now. All Duncan designed before. But with chrome hardware, has 1 duncan bucker & 2 designed singles?

Also- Would a Schaller trem fit that route? Looks like it would.

Serial's 9720xxx if that helps anyone.

It showed up yesterday @ my office. Busted it out this morning, fooled around with it a bit- Feels pretty good. Action's a little high & the trem's not perfectly floated (think the guy threw 10's on it and didn't really know how to do it) but otherwise seems pretty solid.

Vass

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
            Anyone know if it's a JB?
            Vass,

The bridge pickup was obviously swapped out from a Duncan Designed to a real Duncan. It could be any model in the lineup. Take it out and see what the sticker on the back of the pickup says.

The first J/C guitar I bought was a DK2. I have guitars with all sorts of bridges, and I don't see the issue with the JT580LP. Works fine.

Good luck with it and hope the bro enjoys it.

Comment

Working...
            X