My 'Holy Grail'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 'Holy Grail'

When I found Henrik's audiozone.dk a few months ago, I spent half a night reading stories and enjoying the pictures. And I wondered, what my "dream"-guitar would be, if I could choose ?
    Soloist Archtop Trem ! Set-neck, 24 frets, ebony board, short scale, rev. sharkfins, h/h configuration - perfect !!! Well, almost - the finish wouldn't be my favorite - I prefer black guitars, otherwise - the finish is the last in line of criteria.

Anyway, I've bought some Fusions and casually checked eBay out of interest - last week: there she was ! And sunday afternoon, cold outside and rainy, I found myself staring at the screen, watching the price go up.
    I fixed my limit, waited till 4 seconds left and "click" ...

..... ..... !

Today, she arrived:

So, relax now, eBay-hunters all over Europe ! I'm done - I'm out ! I've got what I want !
    The family: (One or two of them might have to move out in the near future - Mrs. Franx required some real concessions )
    (click pic)
    uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Congrats on the purchase!

As a fellow Soloist Archtop owner (albeit a string-thru one) I know how hard they are to find, and how great they are. Enjoy your new axe!
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Nice! +1
      Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Wow.
        Really nice score.
        Congrats man!
        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
        --floydkramer

Comment

Thanx guys !
          Just came home from the rehearsal !
          Feels, plays, sounds ... great That's it !

Never had an active EMG'd before, and I admit, I was a bit sceptical ... but after some changes on the amp settings, it was perfect !
          The bridge PU with the Bad Horsie: !

Some better pics tomorrow ! (BTW - I still don't know the colour ! 8 people - 8 different calls: blue, midnight blue, blue-green, green, turqoise ...)
          She's a lot darker, than I expected (apprehensived) - right now she looks black ! I'll have a good sleep tonight !

Comment

Kick ass AT Soloist.
            MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

truly one of the nicest guitars ever made...

Comment

Awesome Score Dude!
                Man, glad i didn't see it

Comment

beautiful
                  http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...ONCHARVEL3.jpg

PLAYING JACKSON/CHARVEL GUITARS SINS 1991
                  MY WEAPONS OF DESTRUCTION:
                  1990 USA JACKSON FUSION METALLIC ELECT.BLUE
                  1993 USA JACKSON RANDY RHOADS BLACK
                  2007 JACKSON WARRIOR XT BLACK
                  1990-91 CHARVEL PREDATOR BLACK
                  1993 FENDER HEARTFIELD TALON 2 FROST MET.RD
                  http://www.myspace.com/seryoga71

Comment

More Pics:

Comment

nice man!you're collection looks good!

Comment

Man, great guitar. Looks like it's in pretty good shape too.

Comment

Looks like you have some more output to gain too as the pickups look like they are pretty far from the strings...EMGs should be as close to the strings as possible without making contact while playing...also...18 volt mod. Simple as anything to do. PM me if you don't know enough about it to give it a try. It is easier than soldering and I can give you a quick, easy and clear bit of instruction so that you can do it in no time WITHOUT CHANGING ANYTHING on the guitar.
                          My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

<---- From a owner of four AT Pros , Congrats . I agree they are my favorite Jacksons also. I wish they would offer a reissue .
                            Mike
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Nice Score..

Comment

Working...
                              X