to part out, or not to part out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to part out, or not to part out...

that is the question...I have a dinky reverse that I have had a bengal paint job put on. It needs pickups. Here is the dillema, due to many unforseen financial hardships, some things need to go. Would I do better by parting it out and selling it on ebay or trying to sell it as an incomplete guitar. I know the necks are usually worth quite a bit, and the paint job is killer, I had it done at an automotive paint shop. I think I have pictures of it somewhere way back.

disclaimer-this is in no way an attempt to beat the system. I am not trying to sell the guitar on this forum, I am only seeking the advice of those more knowledgeable than myself.
    I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Hate to say this, my opinion is to swallow hard, load it up, and sell it complete.
    A custom paint job is only worth something if it's a factory custom. Usually.
    Other than that, you have a fifty dollar body, and a 125 dollar neck.

Just my two cents.

Comment

Yeah, that's kinda what I was afraid of.
      I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

just give it too me and ill give it a good home.
        Gil

Comment

Any chance at all to put it together?
          Like, from another guitar?
          Pickups are replaceable, people aren't.

Comment

Well, it needs 2 singles and a hum...I'm kinda strapped for cash right now or I might think about it. I figured it would be the easiest to move (sell). I have a Model 2 that I got from Donnie (rip) that I just can't seem to make myself sell, no matter how much I need the money.

Comment

You know I have a bad talent for saying the absolute worst things I could possibly put out. It's like, Why did I say that? People aren't replaceable? I was just thinking, if it's a financial issue, and you would take the time to ask, it must involve something personal.
              Yeah, absolutely hang on to Model 2, No Question!
              Hopefully something will come through for you.

Comment

If you need some generic pickups I have some humbuckers laying around I'll send you one for freebie.Maybe some one has some singles.Lets pony up guys!!
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

i have ultrasonic single. and i have some ibanez singles, from the ibanez pack / gtr and amp pack/
                  Last edited by SR71; 04-14-2008, 07:36 PM.
                  http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...ONCHARVEL3.jpg

PLAYING JACKSON/CHARVEL GUITARS SINS 1991
                  MY WEAPONS OF DESTRUCTION:
                  1990 USA JACKSON FUSION METALLIC ELECT.BLUE
                  1993 USA JACKSON RANDY RHOADS BLACK
                  2007 JACKSON WARRIOR XT BLACK
                  1990-91 CHARVEL PREDATOR BLACK
                  1993 FENDER HEARTFIELD TALON 2 FROST MET.RD
                  http://www.myspace.com/seryoga71

Comment

Most all of my parts are in guitars, or close.
                    I cleaned up my "inventory" putting them together.

Comment

Do you have input jack, pots and selector switch? If not, let me know.

My two cents on your original question. If it's a sharkfin with reverse headstock then I would part it out. The neck alone should bring $120 plus depending on condition/hardware. Seems like bodies with a decent refinish on them bring decent money too.

Comment

Razor has a good point.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

i have a shit load of factory jackson humbuckers i could surely give a freebie. your definately better selling that one whole i think. list what you need, i know i have extra of almost everything, would be happy to give some to you and free up some space if you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by bill4117 View Post
                            i have a shit load of factory jackson humbuckers i could surely give a freebie. your definately better selling that one whole i think. list what you need, i know i have extra of almost everything, would be happy to give some to you and free up some space if you need it.
                            JCF bro comes through!
                            I had a feeling my stupid comment had some meaning.
                            I'm like that, I have the "intuition" of the family.

Comment

Wow, I don't know what to say, I wasn't trying to get a bunch of freebies...you guys rock. I need two singles, and a hum. I think I will also need a 5-way selector. I think I can salvage the pots. I hate to get rid of it, I always wanted a Lynch guitar, but until I get caught up, I'm gonna have to make some sacrifices. It seems like this always happens, you get ahead, just by a little, and the whole damn thing blows up. I have really been tested the last two yrs. I must be destined for something great, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X