Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One for RacerX/NewC?...please help it's doing my head in..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One for RacerX/NewC?...please help it's doing my head in..

Apologies for re-starting this but after looking at previous posts i think RacerX will know the answer!

I just got this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=290219284893

Now from previous posts i have worked out that the serial stamped into the last fret 03xxxx means its a later thru-neck MIJ model and from the description it all looks like an SL3 (no-binding, no Made in USA etc, matching flame-top headstock)

But there are two things which puzzle me:

- The mid and neck pickups are NOT hotrails which I would have expected them to be on an SL3

- The trussrod cover has faded markings on it that *look* like they read "F..... Std." Have not been able to get enough photos of the font style of other jacksons to work out if the first letter is an F, C or S. The second bit really does look like "Std." but i would have expected SL3...or blank?
    Std makes no sense when its neck thru, flame-top and sharkfin inlays.

Im coming to the conclusion that this is a 2003 SL3 in trans red flame top but with the hot-rails replaced with other SDs and a truss rod cover that has been incorrectly fitted from another guitar! Is that mad! Occams Razor!

For anyone who really knows what they are talking about with Jacksons - what is this damn guitar!?

Originally posted by Daywalker View Post
    Im coming to the conclusion that this is a 2003 SL3 in trans red flame top but with the hot-rails replaced with other SDs and a truss rod cover that has been incorrectly fitted from another guitar!
    Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. A lot of stranger things have happened.

Comment

Working...
    X