Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might be buying a new guitar

So here is the deal...

The store where I get my guitar lessons is closing, well not closing but the owner is retiring and selling off everything in the store so the guy who runs the drum center can expand. Since this was announced, everything in the store has been marked down...and by marked down I mean like a Guitar Center sale. The most I saw a guitar marked down was like 120 bucks (Jackson RX10D). Every week they have been sending out letters to their "preferred" customers telling what the current deals are. Well on Monday I got the latest letter, and at the top in big bold print is EVERYTHING 1/2 OFF.

Now here is where I might need some help. They have a Pile-o-skulls KE3, and I figure at 1/2 off will be about 450-475. Ive always like the looks of the Kelly, but have never had the chance to play it. Basically im asking how is this guitar? I own a WRMG and love how it feels, I know they are two different guitars, but how do they compare? Im not much of a lead player, but how do the necks play??

So worst case is the guitar will be gone. But I dont think it will be, considering their Jacksons havent much as been picked up, let alone sold, in the past year. But if its there, and of course after playing on it for a bit, should I get it? Or should I be on the lookout for a better price?

Why not just go and try it out at your next lesson or whenever you get a chance to get to the store? IMO only you can decide if a guitar is right for you, for example I hate everything about the way a Les Paul feels and plays however millions and millions of people disagree with me. Definately try before you buy.

Comment

I would never buy a guitar without playing it first. Just wanted to hear some opinions of people who own or have owned one.

Comment

I've bought lots of stuff without trying it on ebay, life's just one big adventure.
        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Well right before I bought my RR3 I was looking at a KE3 at Guitar Center and I loved it I would have bought it on the spot if some wanker hadn't taken an insanely large chunk of wood off of the lower cutaway-horn-thing. I actually still kind of want one but I'm so used to playing in the classical position becuase of my RR's (as well as playing classical guitar ) that playing in "normal" sitting position isn't very comfortable for me, Other than that reason I might have gotten a Kelly instead of the RR5 that I just got.

Comment

Good Luck Man
            http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...ONCHARVEL3.jpg

PLAYING JACKSON/CHARVEL GUITARS SINS 1991
            MY WEAPONS OF DESTRUCTION:
            1990 USA JACKSON FUSION METALLIC ELECT.BLUE
            1993 USA JACKSON RANDY RHOADS BLACK
            2007 JACKSON WARRIOR XT BLACK
            1990-91 CHARVEL PREDATOR BLACK
            1993 FENDER HEARTFIELD TALON 2 FROST MET.RD
            http://www.myspace.com/seryoga71

Comment

Kellys play great sitting down I just don't care for the feel of the kelly everything seems too far to the left.But thats just me you may love the kelly pick it up and play it.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

WHy no go for a KE2 of everything is half off?

Comment

They might not have a KE2?
                  Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                    I've bought lots of stuff without trying it on ebay, life's just one big adventure.
                    +1

I've never gotten a dog. I've only sold 1 guitar in the past 20 years. I bought a 79 SG for $650 and flipped it back on the bay for $1325. It was a great guitar but I already have 2 SG's, and I didn't like the 70's styling.

I love my KE3 with a DK1 neck, but I'd really like to have KE2.

Comment

Get the Kelly!!! I own a cheap JS30 model and it's my fav.

And at that price, you can't go wrong.
                      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                        WHy no go for a KE2 of everything is half off?
                        the only US Jacksons they have are a Soloist and a Custom Shop Rhoads...

that and it is going to be hard enough spending the money on the KE3

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                          +1 Well said!

Comment

I would get if. Even if you end up not likin it, you could still make a profit if you sell it yourself. In my expierence, Kellys have a learning curve. They are akward at first but once you play it enough it becomes comfortable.
                            My Gear:

Charvel Model 4
                            Gibson Les Paul Studio
                            Roland Micro Cube RX

Comment

Buy the KE3. And relocate the front strap pin.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                              X