Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noob here. Help me identify my Jackson Stars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob here. Help me identify my Jackson Stars.

Hi. I'm from the Philippines and Jacksons are pretty hard to obtain around here. Just got back from Shinjuku and bought this one used. It's a Jackson Stars and it says limited edition on the headstock. When my luthier looked at the body, he concluded it was mahogany. It has a flame-ish maple board, black binding up to the headstock and black piranha inlays. It looks like an ESP M-II if you ask me. And plays great, the maple board kind of puts a bright sound to it. What model is it? Here are some pics to help you guys.

Thanks!

Group Shot (Reverse headstock fetish)

Dude I don't know what that is but it looks great! Now I want one of those!
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

+1

Sure is pretty, whatever the heck it is!

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

isn't it a stars dk-o1? It has emg-hzs on it.
        thanks for the warm welcome. i can't find anything like it even from the audiozone catalogues or at rakuten or on the j stars website...

hmmm...
        it's a beauty. i sure fell in love with it after plugging it in. made me pull my wallet right there and cancelled my trip to Okinawa. Lol

Comment

All I can say about that, is that it's some kind of limited edition Dinky.
          Take the neck off and see if it says anything in the pocket.

Comment

I took the neck off before setting it up and the word LTD+ the serial number is marked on the pocket.

Comment

Whatever it is...is sure looks nice. I also bought a 2nd hand JS from Ishibashi store in Shinjuku when I was there. How much you pay for it in yen??
              Jason Becker / Paul Gilbert Wannabe

Comment

Y65,200. Looks and feels brand new. No issues at all so I was wondering why the hell it's on the used gears bin. I love the fret work and the neck. It even rivals the Bnew ESP M-II Maple board sitting next to it.

Comment

If it has no model marking other than "LTD+", then I'd wager a guess that it doesn't have a model designation. It's probably a limited "half custom" run for a retailer, or some such thing.

Comment

So is it like those Ishibashi I-RG Ibanez prestige guitars? Wondering how many of these exist...

Comment

Well imo it's just a limited edition DKMG (or whatever its Jackson stars counterpart is named ) just like all those limited edition DK2Ms and DXMGs etc.
                      Check my bands!
                      www.myspace.com/magicktr
                      www.myspace.com/sinif64
                      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

well not a dkmg since this one is a flat top. The only thing similar to it in the dkmg line is the piranha inlays.

I think it's a DXMG. In JS the dxmg is named as DK-01 so probably this is like that one. Or a maple board DK-BN02 (like the dk2ms) since they too have emg hzs. oh well...i guess this one is a hopeless case. LOL! Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Sweet

Maple board with Black Binding...

Comment

Sure is a beauty... ive been looking at the ESP MII, myself, as of late... this gives me some hope there might be a Jackson out there to rival my decision making process.

Reverse headstocks -are- the way to go, my friend.

Comment

the Esp MIIs are way overpriced if you ask me...it nearly has the same specs as a JS dk-01 anyway. Just put on a real floyd on it and you're set! And you don't have to put up with the chunky neck and the buzzy xj frets.

and yep...reverse headstocks definitely look cooler IMO!

Comment

Working...
                              X