Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dare I say it, I like my old Dinky Reverse better than my new DK2M?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dare I say it, I like my old Dinky Reverse better than my new DK2M?

About a week ago purchased a new Snow White DK2M. Great guitar, the SD's are SCREAMING. However, the neck is a little thicker than my circa 1993 Dinky Reverse. I love the neck on that guitar! why did they change the necks ?
    Jackson Dinky Reverse
    Jackson DK2M

A cruddy amp that needs to be replaced
    Digitech RP5

Jackson has never been 100% consistent with neck profiles. I would agree with you that the early `90s necks were definitely thinner. I personally find the DK2M neck to be very comfortable, although not better or worse than my `90s models.
    sigpic

Comment

Had 4 dk2m's and all of them felt different. Down to 2 cause I got a ebmm coming

Comment

I like the older neck better to. My newer ones feel fatter to me.
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

+1 to Inazone's comments. My former Dinky Reverse had the most amazing, slim, flat, smooth neck. Just incredible. Then, I got a Crimson Swirl DK2M, which had a FAT, thick log of a neck. Then, I got one of those RGF DK2Ms from MF, and it had a medium thickness neck. A bit flatter than a Strat. Nowadays, if I have a guitar I want to keep but don't like the neck thickness, I'll just sand it to my tastes.

Comment

I'll trade any of you a Dinky Reverse neck for a DK2M neck if that's what gets you off... I prefer the thicker neck and the fact that it is maple.

Comment

Mojo is a fine thing.

Comment

I like the thicker necks myself.
                I think it's better to be thicker from the factory.
                Last time I checked, you can't add wood to a skinny neck, but shaving a thick one down to size is pretty easy.
                -Rick

Comment

How does the overall build quality compare between the two?

Comment

I dont like the profile on any of the dk2m necks Ive had/tried. Too thick, and I cant stand the satin finish.

My 95 DR3 has an amazing thin neck and a nice coat of clear on it thats yellowing nicely... mojo ftw!
                    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I have a '94 and a '95 Dinky Reverse and those thin necks are the most comfortable "for me" of any guitar I've ver played. I do have small hands though.
                      My Toys:
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                      '94 Dinky HX in Black
                      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

DK5 Rev Neck ls 4 Me

No guitar I've ever played can beat the neck on my '93 dinky rev.

First time I held it in my hands I felt like I'd died and gone to heaven.

and that was before I put the rest of guitar together

Even my Charvel model three feels chunky after playing the Jackson!

And that has a thin neck

Cheers!

Son of Spy
                        1976 Gibson Mk53
                        1988 Charvel Model 3
                        1993 Jackson Dinky Reverse (DR5)

Questions are a burden to others; answers are a prison for oneself.

Comment

I guess I am just used to the super-thin neck of the 93 Dinky Reverse. But I love the look and SOUND of the DK2M. Those duncan pickups kick butt. I too have small hands so perhaps that is why the super-thin neck works for me.

Hmmm, perhaps and Ibanez is in my future ?
                          Jackson Dinky Reverse
                          Jackson DK2M

Digitech RP5

Comment

Is it normal not to get a set of allen wrenches with teh guitar? There's no little slot like I had on my dinky reverse.
                            Jackson Dinky Reverse
                            Jackson DK2M

Digitech RP5

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonESQ View Post
                              Is it normal not to get a set of allen wrenches with teh guitar? There's no little slot like I had on my dinky reverse.
                              It (you only get one) should be in a bag in the case.
                              I haven't seen an import Jackson with an Allen wrench holder in ages.
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X