New(ish) Guitar Day.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New(ish) Guitar Day.....

My search for an RR Pro officially ended today, but not before almost giving me a fuckin heart attack first.....

'Twas like any, other day......awoke to the giddy anticipation of the pending delivery of a new toy, yawned, stretched, scratched my balls, smoked a bowl, showered myself up and it was off to the post office. BEHOLD!!!! There's a parcel slip for me!!!! I'm only expecting one parcel, so there's only one thing it can be. Hand my slip to the teller, who directs me to the rear of the building where large packages are held......and upon laying eyes on my item I damn near piss my pants.....I've heard too many shipping disaster stories lately, and the "packaging job" used to ship my guitar immediately makes me queazy..........

Brace yourself........not for the squeamish........

.........needless to say, I am slightly nervous at this point.....I must admit, this is the first time I've seen a guitar shipped solely in the case, unlocked, with only the latches and a few strips of masking tape holding it shut, and the addresses taped to the front of the case....

With shaking hands (even after smoking another to prepare myself for the worst), I open the case......

AND IT'S A MIRACLE!!!!!! IT'S ALRIGHT!!!!!!I consider myself extremely lucky this one was only coming from Quebec, and didn't have far to travel, or it's fate would surely have been different.....

Moving on, this is one sweet geetar....aside from a couple chips on the points and one on the tip of the headstock, and a few pick scrapes it's in really good shape. Other than that the only thing I noticed was a shim under the saddle for the 5th string. S/N J302499, it's had the p'ups changed to a SD Screamin' Demon (bridge) and SD Jazz (neck). I was kinda hoping to find one all original, but beggars can't be choosy.....I guess..Great neck on this thing too, nice low action and it's very comfortable to play, easily comparable to my RR1 in that regard.

......and just 'cause I've got fuckall better to do (and I like to show off), here's my standard gratuitous group shot......

I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Nice man, that thing looks pretty clean.
    miracle it made it safe, what the hell tho, it's like they could give a fuck if you get the guitar or not, after they have your money

Comment

Threat of damage aside, what was to stop some asshole at the post office from peeling back the tape, opening the case, removing the guitar, closing the case up and sending it on it's merry way fucking empty? How the fuck is a guy supposed to pinpoint where along the way the guitar was lifted? Assuming the shipper didn't give a shit is a fairly safe bet, but I got my guitar, safe and sound, so it's over and done with as far as I'm concerned......Miracles do happen......

Comment

Congrats! I received one like that a few months back with no box with damage. It was all good though I flipped it and made $60. I would've made more though.

Comment

How do you find it compared to your RR24?

Comment

does the neck feel sticky like gibsons neck?

Comment

Congrats! It looks really nice in white finish! Mine is red and I don't like that much, but it's probably the best player I have...sickest low action I've ever played!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                How do you find it compared to your RR24?
                Much more comfortable, the RR24 has a fairly beefy neck on it compared to my RR1 and this one. The Pro seems better balanced too, but that could just be me though 'cause I'm more accustomed to 22 frets as opposed to 24.......

Comment

Originally posted by strident.silence View Post
                  does the neck feel sticky like gibsons neck?
                  Not at all, smooth as silk.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                    Congrats! It looks really nice in white finish! Mine is red and I don't like that much, but it's probably the best player I have...sickest low action I've ever played!!
                    Thanks Naz, I was hoping to find one with painted bevels (red or yellow...) but solid finish was all that was presenting itself, I'm just glad I found one in something other than black......+1 on the playability, I can foresee an extended honeymoon with this one, the rest of the family may be collecting dust for a little while......

Comment

Cool guitar! I got a Professional Kelly XLR quite some years back in the huge case like that... only a thin piece of cardboard around the middle with tape just like yours came. I couldn't believe it survived. There was a tiny crack in the case, but I'm not sure if it happened in shipping or was like that before. I can't believe how some people ship things.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X