Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Fusion Pro came today..Pictures inside

Well it was really well packed.

And looked great when I opened the Jackson hard shell case.

But I noticed a serious problem with the guitar..It's such a shame, beacuse it's such a nice guitar,,,,

The body is cracked around the neck, and the seller did not disclose this to me..

Last edited by Brooke; 05-01-2008, 05:58 AM.

You sure it's not just a paint crack?
    2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
    2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
    2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
    2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
    2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
    2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
    2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
    2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
    2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
    1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
    1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

That's what I was thinking. Finish cracks are very common in that spot and don't affect the guitar's stability at all.

Comment

Totally over-reacting, bro. That's on every guitar made before 2000. In no way is that a "serious" problem. Sheesh.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I'm taking it in to my guitar tech on Thursday to look at it. I'm not sure oh depe the cracks are,,but they scare me.

Other than thet,,,I can't believe how nice the maple top on this thing is..

Why doesn't Jackson make quality imports like this anymore?

Comment

quality like that? Look at those finish cracks

Every new Pro series Jackson I've played the last couple of years have been top shelf. Maybe my local stores only get in the good ones. The last couple of DK2s I've messed about with were just about as good as my '92 Fusion - only thing was they don't feel as broken in, but that's just a matter of time.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Those are almost certainly finish cracks, as the wood in the body wouldn't crack in that direction, although at the the thinnest point of the neck pocket, the wood "may" have a small hairline crack.

I have a '90 Ibanez Jem DY with very similar cracks, par for the course on those, and as said before, it's not a serious problem.
              I did however put a bit of crazy glue along the inside of the neck pocket at the beginning of the crack to make sure it wouldn't get any worse.

The seller should have disclosed it if the cracks were already there, but those look like they may be recent (very clean, appears to be no gunk in those cracks).
              Personally, I would be more concerned about the ding on the face of the body, since he described it as being in "great condition" in his auction.

Still, a great guitar!

Comment

I agree, no worries. There has been quite a lot of threads about the subject. Just do a search on "finish cracks". Plenty of them. Here's a few from a quick search I did:

Finish cracks with pics #1

Finish cracks #2

Finish cracks #3

Finish cracks #4
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                  quality like that? Look at those finish cracks

Every new Pro series Jackson I've played the last couple of years have been top shelf. Maybe my local stores only get in the good ones. The last couple of DK2s I've messed about with were just about as good as my '92 Fusion - only thing was they don't feel as broken in, but that's just a matter of time.
                  I just mean in terms of materials. All of the new ones play very nicely...

The colors on this one are unreal...

Comment

OK..Well

in a response to all, it's going to my Luthier on Thursday to get looked over.

I'll post what he says.

THanks for the advice, I feel better now knowing that they are just finish cracks. But in the back of my mind they still scare me...

Cheers..

Comment

I have those same type of finish cracks on my '90 Charvel Fusion, but they don't appear on my '92 Jackson Fusion. You also got a nice top on that one. Do you see how the grain changes from about the bridge on back? That's how the grain is across the entire face and back of my Jackson Fusion (transparent red), with none of the tight stripes like on yours. It looks kind of cool, but its definitely not your typical "flame maple top".

Comment

My 88 American Stratocaster has em, a couple older bolt-on no names I've had have them, I haven't looked at my Fusion Pro but I'd guess that it also has em... Seems to be par for the course for bolt ons. Doesn't make it cool, but it is what it is.

Also- if you're going to get a crack in your finish, that's a pretty damn good place to put it.

Oh, and that is a beauty.

Vass

Comment

If I didn't have two (three if you count the Fusion Deluxe) already, I'd take it off your hands. Great looking Fusion, and they sound awesome as well. I love the stock electronics and tone of mine.
                          Last edited by DonP; 04-29-2008, 03:17 PM.

Comment

It's just a finish stress crack. From either over tightening the neck bolts or a bit of knockin around over the years. No biggie. Maybe the previous owner pulled the neck for some maintanence and over tightened the screws. And the finish cracked. Very common place for it to happen. And if it has to crack thats probably the most acceptable place for it.
                            Nice fiddle. I've always wanted a Fusion Pro.
                            Gil

Comment

Thanks guys..

Comment

Working...
                              X