Dinky owners..please advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinky owners..please advise

I am looking at a s-s-h duncan designed pickup with chrome hardware. no case, trem arm or truss cover. Local gc has it at 349 which i think is high. Especially when looking at similar ones on the bay. What is a fair price? Are these good guitars? are these duncan designed pups any good? Especially the bridge?Is it high output? I play les pauls but my oldest son has a charvel 475 as my point of reference. It has the mid boost these obvioudly do not.

Opinions please. Thank you

A DK2 I'm guessing? No case, trem arm or truss rod cover? A beater. I wouldn't pay more than $250 for it, only if the finish was in good shape. I bought my brand new one (plastic still on the tuners and TR cover) on ebay for $300 shipped a couple of years ago.

Comment

If it's a DK2 and it's used, $349 sounds high. Like DonP said, it would depend on condition as to the value. Also, given that it's GC, be sure to negotiate a case into the deal if one isn't included.
      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

+1
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

does the configuration have to be s-s-h??? im asking because after asking questions here i recently purchased a ps-4 for $150.00 delivered and it has h-s-h config, i bought a zakk set of emg's 81 + 85, for 75.00 so for $225.00 ive got an awesome shredder that was easy on the wallet. i think you could do much better on price, or look at other jacksons.
          Last edited by bill4117; 04-30-2008, 02:56 PM.

Comment

dk2m ??? that hum-hum
            Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
            Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

GC would not even budge on the price. they told me that they set the "integrity" or lack there of, pricing based on ebay completed auctions. I found a bunch of guitars a hunder to 175 less. They would not even take 10 bucks off the price! I told them I was not interested and bought my kid a strathead GMW. No floyd, but maybe I will let him borrow it LOL. GC is killing the industry

Comment

ya GC is truely doin that, because unlike private shops they have set prices, around where i live i simply check gc for a price, then go to this place called west la music, and they hook me up, got my dk2m for 399 with hardshell case, professional set up( took about an hour cuz the guy didnt set my action or intonation perfect the first time, i like really low action =p ) cable, and strings, honestly only a few places remain that arent dying to GC, i have a feeling west la music will last forever tho =) so im set

Comment

The GC out my way is full of young mcdonald's rejects who are of no help. and good luck getting their attention if you need something. the only thing ive found that works is to start over tuning high e strings. after 2 or three they get the hint and ask if you need assistance. " usually at this point i ask if they have those beginner guitars that only have 4 fat strings because i cant wrap my head around 6 strings yet"

Comment

Working...
                  X