DK2T or Dinky pro STD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2T or Dinky pro STD?

Hi guys. im going to trade in my RX10D to a jackson dealer here.
    i really want a fixed bridge(this is why im talking about the dk2t) but then when i went there. he had the DK2 with sustainiac that felt good. but then i saw a jackson pro dinky STD, White with white pickguard,black hardware,duncan in bridge and it felt so good! not best shape ever but nothing major. if ill get it ill just block the trem.
    because i havent played the dk2t, im asking for your advice

help your GASy friend.

Originally posted by RandomFan View Post
    not best shape ever but nothing major. if ill get it ill just block the trem.
    1/2 of me says you should hold out for what you really want. Blocking the trem is easy - no issues there. Some prefer the feel of a blocked trem vs. a fixed bridge.

Not familiar with the pro dinky STD.

Ebony or rosewood?

Thin or Thick neck?

Binding?

Sharkies?

Comment

rosewood
      thin neck
      no binding if i remember correctly
      and dots on the white on white model that i played with and bridge is either JT590 or JT580, the catalouge says JT590 but the audiozone says JT580LP

take care

Comment

IMO, the newer DK2's have a thicker neck than older imports. I prefer thin. I guess you do too because you said it felt good. Try a DK2, you might not like the fatter neck.

But, I also prefer binding, sharkies, and ebony. Are these important to you? It will probably cost more...

Comment

ebony=soloist or usa models. which i dont have money for.

Comment

No, older MIJ (1990) have ebony. I have a pair of old Fusion Pros. They cost me $300 each.

Comment

Originally posted by RandomFan View Post
              ...and bridge is either JT590 or JT580, the catalouge says JT590 but the audiozone says JT580LP
              Trem confusion! Let me get back to the Dinky STD in a moment... this has triggered something in me with regards to specs and catalogs:

It is easy to get confused about what model of tremolo were on the Jackson Professional guitars from 1992-1995. I think what happened is...

In the Jackson 1994-95 catalog, many of the models that featured a JT-590 bridge in previous years (92-93), were now specified (in text) as having a JT-580 or JT-580LP. But unfortunately, Jackson used old photos from previous years in their illustrations, showing guitars with JT-590's. Which is right then for the year 1994-95 - the new specs or the old pics?

I can't be sure, but I think Jackson pulled the Schaller Floyd (JT-590) from many models in these two last years of the Professional Series, except for the "Pro" models (Rhoads Pro, Kelly Pro and so forth). Just to spite this theory, they kept the JT-590 on the Soloist XL!

So basically, I think they downgraded in 1994-95, but didn't bother to take new pictures of said models, to show us the correct guitars. Either that, or a lot of specs from those two years are wrong. I'm glad I haven't dissected the Performer or the Concept Series yet... my head hurts already

Now, RandomFan, I think you're right about the Dinky STD having a JT-590 in real life. The STD was discontinued by 1994, so it was never "downgraded" trem-wise and therefore never mis-represented in any catalog. So my list is wrong when it states "JT-580LP". Thanks for the heads up, I've corrected it.
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

^i just have to say thank you for your site, it helped me finding the specs of the dinky.
                and man you can really get confused with all of these pro guitars...

i think i just might take the Dinky pro STD if ill get a trem block properly. the guy at the shop said you can block the trem if you just put two things that don't allow the bridge to move and then you have fixed bridge, im a bit skeptical but tremol no isnt that expensive if it doesnt work.

Comment

Working...
                X