Jackson pickups or EMG's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson pickups or EMG's?

I recently got my 1990 Jackson soloist with X1 and X2 pickups (active preamp).

Initially I was looking for some new pickup covers for the single coils, as the ones on there look like they have been chewed by a dog.

I am now finding that they will be hard to get hold of so I was wandering if it is worth swapping the Jackson ones with a set of EMG's I have on a cheaper guitar?

What are peoples opinions on this?

depends which emg's ??????

Comment

Good point. I think its an 81 (maybe 85) and a couple of SA's.

Comment

id go with emg but thats personal preference.

Comment

do you like the tone you're getting from the Jackson pickups?

I'm confused, what's so hard about finding pickup covers?

Comment

X1 and X2 What kind of pickups are those?Ain't Jackson pickups.Also covered Jackson pick ups aren't active they are passive with a pre-amp attached to the vol pot.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I took the X1 and X2 numbers from an ebay listing so they could well be totally wrong.
              They are the standard pickups you get on a 1990 soloist (whatever they are).

If you know where I can get pickup covers with the Jackson Logo on then please let me know.

Comment

Those are J200s. The only place to find covers to fit are on J200s.

Go with the EMG SAs if you like the tone of them.

You may be able to swap the for Duncan JB Jrs or Lil 59s, though it's getting harder to find pickups to fit those routes.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

After a bit of reading I may look at getting some SD Blackouts. I haven't heard any negative feedback on them yet. Just need to wait for the SC ones to be released.

Comment

Working...
                  X