Dk2m versus...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dk2m versus...?

Hey. I'm looking around my area for superstrats, and a deal on a DK2M with dual EMG 81's has come up. Problem is, I'm working at a store dealing Ibanez, and they want their teachers to be playing store-brand guitars, so they'll cut me a deal on whatever I want.

Now, my question is... Is a DK2M on the same playing field as a prestige ibanez?

I'd be pitting it against an RG 2550Z, which is an HSH with pickguard, bolt-neck, fairly nice looking.

I've never played either of them... How are the necks on the DK2M's? By the way, it's a white one... with all black hardware... and EMG's... :drool

Dk2ms have a thin neck.
    http://www.myspace.com/bothendsofthepath
    Anyone have a je-1000 or je-1200 availible?

Comment

I don't think they are quite as thin as Ibanez RG profiles generally are, though.

Comment

Yeah, DK2 necks are not wizard thin.

Comment

DK2M necks are similar in thickness to a Gibson Faded V if you have those in the store as well. Maybe a bit thinner. They're not uncomfortable by any means.

And your local labor laws may state your employer has to provide work-related tools free of charge, or they may not even legally be able to require you use a given brand. The store's Ibenhad dealership may hinge on it, but if the law says otherwise, the law takes priority.

I'd look it up.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Your boss should get a Jackson dealership imo
            Check my bands!
            www.myspace.com/magicktr
            www.myspace.com/sinif64
            www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

lol. I've been telling them that for years; they like the Ibanezes... and hate most of the rest of the Fender line.
              I love my Soloist, best neck ever. It's not a super-thin Wizard neck though...it's got a little girth to it; if I got the DK2M, would it be similar, even a bit? Cause I love the DK2M... I've been wanting one since they came out, AND in Snow White, AND preferably with EMG's... This is pretty much my dream import Jackson. I think they look so wicked.

BUT, has anybody played the RG 2550Z? It looks pretty cool (I'd be getting white, just so we can compare apples to apples here) and I love the pickguard on it. I'm just wondering if the Prestige Ibanezes are generally on par with Pro Series Jacksons? The prices on the new Jacksons certainly would suggest that there isn't much of a difference.

Comment

Haven't played the ibenhad, but i'd say they were of equal construction quality being they are from similar product ranges
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I havent played any IBZ prestige but they are supposed to be top of the line of ibanez (except some signtaures) so I think its actually better than a DK2.
                  But Again I'm a newby and never played one so take it from whom it comes
                  sigpicPlayForFun

Comment

Your post makes me think that the DK2M is local to you. Go try it out yourself. Just because you like the way a guitar looks doesn't mean you will like the feel of it. Play both of them and pick the one you like best.

Comment

Working...
                    X