RR-J2SP pickup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR-J2SP pickup question

Ok guys, i'm pretty much set on getting the RR-J2SP from Ishibashi in 3 months time (hopefully they still have some in stock!). It comes with EMG-Hz pickups, and a gain booster. I was just wondering how good this pickup is? Would it be better to swap it out for a EMG 81 or something? Do i have to route the guitar or is the cavity big enough for an active pickup? And yeah, would the gainbooster work with an EMG 81 or any other passive pickup i install? Thanks.

I had this guitar. HZ3 sounded really muddy. EMG PA2 booster works with any other passive/active pickups. No routing or anythign necessary if you want EMG 81 in there.

Comment

Thanks for the input bro. So i don't need to route anything for the battery? What pickups would you recommend? I play COB, Megadeth, Trivum, BFMV and etc.

Comment

I don't know...find out what your influences use. I had J50BC+JE1000 in mine for the ultimate old COB tone .

Comment

I've got HZs and the AfterBurner in a Warrior and they sound good IMO. Better for D-tuned stuff to me. The AfterBurner is best used very little - just to where you notice it, not full-on.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ok, thanks for the help guys. I'll just give the HZs a try when the axe comes. Might grow into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              I've got HZs and the AfterBurner in a Warrior and they sound good IMO. Better for D-tuned stuff to me. The AfterBurner is best used very little - just to where you notice it, not full-on.
              I didnt like the AfterBurner in my Warrior...so I replaced it with a volume pot. To me all it did nothing but muddy up the tone.

Comment

Working...
              X