Fusion PRO and DX-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion PRO and DX-2

Some weeks ago I got a Soloist Archtop Trem and I thought I'd found my "Holy Grail" and I said "That's it - I'm done ! I've got what I want" ... but I was wrong.

First I bought a "cheapo", meant to be my new "project" - a "raped" DX-2:

Well, obviously there's some work to do ... I'll give it a try !

But just a few hours after I "scored" that DX2, I had to pull the trigger again:

I picked her up on my way to the gig last night, and after a quick setup - I played her all night long

It looks like the Soloist AT has got a serious contender; I might swap some pickups, but she feels & plays just great - a real Black Beauty !!
    uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Holy crusty Floyd Rose!
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Yeah, whoever owned that DX was a fuggin noob. Everyone knows you're supposed to use phillips head screws for fine tuners.
      EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Good lord, that Fusion is sweet. Nice score!
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Yes, I've never seen a guitar before that has been f****d up like this DX-2 ! We'll see what comes out ... (it will take some weeks/months)

That Fusion is just great; just a few tiny scratches, nothing serious - born in 1990 (S/N 901566); she got some new PUs today, I think she'll be my #1 player !

Comment

Originally posted by drockilles View Post
            Yeah, whoever owned that DX was a fuggin noob. Everyone knows you're supposed to use phillips head screws for fine tuners.

:ROTF:
            "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Bridge & neck pickups are swapped ...

now she (really) sounds like "me"

Comment

Nice Axe. Gratz Franx
                Dinky XL '96 - always stay in tune

Comment

Originally posted by wilczywilk View Post
                  Nice Axe. Gratz Franx
                  Thanx Piotr !

Comment

Franx,

Just picked up my second Fusion Pro myself- the bridge pup is growing on me, but it does sound a little thin. Was considering swapping, wanted to know what you went with in your bridge/neck swap, how it sounds with the mid sweep, & how you like it now?

Vass

Comment

Vass,

The first thing I swapped, was the JE-1500 ! I had one in my USA Fusion and gave it a try; but I just didn't like it.

I played the guitar with the stock pickups some hours untill I was sure to swap both neck and bridge PUs. I have a DiMarzio Breed at the bridge now - sounds brilliant (to me) and had a SD at the neck, but swapped that again and have a DiMarzio Chopper in there now.

And I installed a DPDT to switch the Chopper (serial/parallel) (and use/fill the hole )

Unfortunately my ears are pretty bad (60 % deaf at mid and high frequencies) so it wouldn't make sense to describe the sound !
                      The PA guys always complain, that I have way too much highs in my sound !

Comment

Franx,

Thanks for that- I'll add em to the list of those I need to check out!

Vass

Comment

Originally posted by Franx View Post

Unfortunately my ears are pretty bad (60 % deaf at mid and high frequencies) so it wouldn't make sense to describe the sound !
                          The PA guys always complain, that I have way too much highs in my sound !
                          You always may upload Your sound anywhere. For example SendSpace

I'll listen to it with pleasure.
                          Dinky XL '96 - always stay in tune

Comment

Ain't she a beauty! love the Fusion

Comment

Frickin' sweet dude!!!!!
                              13' Gibson Les Paul Trad Pro ii - Alpine White
                              05' Gibson Les Paul Classic - Ebony
                              USA Jackson SL-2
                              USA Jackson SL-1
                              Peavey Valveking ii 20MH
                              Marshall 1965A 4x10