X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson FB2

Hi!
    It´s been a few years since my last post now, but here goes:
    I´ve got G.A.S. for a Jackson FB2 that I´ve found on the internet, but I want to know EVERYTHING about this series. I can´t find very much info on them on the internet, so all input/info is more than welcome.... It´s not the one with the Floyd Rose tremolo by the way.

Thanks in advance!
    B är elakare! /Mårten hagström, Meshuggah

*Charvel 475
    *Jackson JX-3 preamp

The tune-o-matic version is technically a FB2T. They came with either Jackson or Kent Armstrong pickups. The board is rosewood, the neck is a baseball bat. These are great guitars and I highly recommend them. I believe the body is actually nitro, which is rare on a Jackson. Here is a shot of mine, sitting quite nicely in a Gibson Firebird case.

Comment

That is a gorgeous axe! The one I´m considering is black. The baseballbat-neck sounds good since I like hefty necks, more to hold on to so to speak.... I THINK I´ve read somewhere that the body is made from poplar, is that correct? Again, beautiful guitar! And thanks for the reply.

*Charvel 475
      *Jackson JX-3 preamp

Comment

I just got my first FB-2 a few weeks ago and it has become my primary guitar. I expected the neck to be HUGE, and it is compared to say, a PS4, but it is very comfortable. Mine has the Kent Armstrong pups, which I like a great deal. I believe it is a poplar body. Great guitars and I'm now looking for another one (anyone?)

Get it - you will love it.
        "... and is there anyone out there who can sing music beyond either the Dead/Phish/jam band of the week

or

obscure B-side GreatWhiteLionSnake demos recorded in the basement of some guy who was the girlfriend's second cousin's in-law's best man?

I swear to God, if we audition another American Idol wannabee or have another no show, I'll turn postal. I'm a donkey on the frickin' edge."

Comment

definitely not shot with nitro.

totally agree on the baseball bat necks. basically, they sanded off the louisville sluger logo, and put a fretboard on it.

the ones i had sounded great after pickup swaps, and i like that the bodies have a little radius to them.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Not nitro eh? I wasn't sure about that. My tech seemed to think it was, and he's a Jackson guy.

The guitar is perfectly balanced, unlike a Gibby Firebird. The TOM bridge is an inexpensive part, and may cause issues. My frets had a bit of the "railroad track" feel to them, and my tech had to file them. The chrome pickups rings are a nice touch.

Comment

Originally posted by neverdunn View Post
              I believe it is a poplar body.
              Indeed poplar. Here's the specs from the catalog scans.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I´m getting more and more convinced (was only about 90% when I found it) Does poplar sound like alder or mahogany, and how does the stock pickups hold up? Perhaps it will be best swapping them? I tune down to B.

*Charvel 475
                *Jackson JX-3 preamp

Comment

i had one of each, the trem and the TOM. they were awesome. i miss them dearly.

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Those axes are really good looking!
                    That´s it! The G.A.S. is too strong to fight, I´m getting the axe....

*Charvel 475
                    *Jackson JX-3 preamp

Comment

Originally posted by Sludgecore View Post
                      I´m getting more and more convinced (was only about 90% when I found it) Does poplar sound like alder or mahogany, and how does the stock pickups hold up? Perhaps it will be best swapping them? I tune down to B.
                      I don't know about the pickups, but poplar is similar to alder.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've got the stock Jackson pups, not sure what model they are. I think they actually go very well with the guitar. Mine have gone microphonic, however, and they are in the shop getting repotted at the moment.

Comment

one of mine had a JB/59 combo (trem) and a PAF Pro/humbucker from hell combo (TOM). both sounded GREAT!!!
                          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            I don't know about the pickups, but poplar is similar to alder.
                            +1

Comment

Originally posted by Sludgecore View Post

I have found it to be warmer than alder. If anything it is very balanced and the Armstrong pups have a very tight bottom end. It's not shrill at all - balanced is the best description I can give. They would probably work well for tuning in B.
                              "... and is there anyone out there who can sing music beyond either the Dead/Phish/jam band of the week

or

obscure B-side GreatWhiteLionSnake demos recorded in the basement of some guy who was the girlfriend's second cousin's in-law's best man?

I swear to God, if we audition another American Idol wannabee or have another no show, I'll turn postal. I'm a donkey on the frickin' edge."

Comment

Working...
                              X