Jackson FB2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markD View Post
    one of mine had a JB/59 combo (trem) and a PAF Pro/humbucker from hell combo (TOM). both sounded GREAT!!!
    i think you wound up with my old white one (trem), and the JB that i put in there was magical! it's the only JB that i ever liked. i didn't put the 59 in there, i think i left it stock.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

i got it from johnnymac....i almost bought his white GMP FB also, but thought 3 white FB's would be too much!!
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Okay, I'm gonna bump this fairly defunct thread up. I just bought an FB-2 off Ebay, probably paid too much. Don't care. All you guys who know these things, be prepared for a barrage of questions after it gets to me. One of you probably even owned this specimen at some point. How can this axe be so unknown and unloved?
        Last edited by beverlyvista; 12-12-2008, 02:11 AM.

Comment

The new black FB-2 arrival

It's here, it plays brilliantly, the Floyd is an incredible pain-in-the-a$$, and it is heavier than any guitar (other than certain boat-anchor Les Pauls) that I've ever played. Serial is something like 6022** (if that's familiar to anyone. For some reason (newb status maybe?) I can't figure out anyway to post pictures. If someone wants to see it, let me know... or try this... http://www.flickr.com/photos/11323038@N00/3248810717/

Comment

Originally posted by beverlyvista View Post
            Okay, I'm gonna bump this fairly defunct thread up. I just bought an FB-2 off Ebay, probably paid too much. Don't care. All you guys who know these things, be prepared for a barrage of questions after it gets to me. One of you probably even owned this specimen at some point. How can this axe be so unknown and unloved?
            They were released into a market that believed (and to some extent still does) if it says Jackson on the head, it should have fins and be neckthrough. The fact it was a bolt-on and had dots killed it. It had no direct tie-in to Robin Crosby (dots + binding + reverse head), so they couldn't even draw in RATT fans with it.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Of course, not being Ratt-centric doesn't make it a bad axe. I would have thought the weight and neck profile was more off-putting than the lack of fins and bolt-on. Still, at 375 bucks I'm perfectly happy to have added it to the herd.

Comment

Hey guys thought I'd add to this post as it was the most recent about the FB2. I found a NOS bkue one of these tucked away in my local store yesterday and it's NEW, still has the original strings on it (they feel awful). It's priced at just under £800. Thought I'd give it a go while I was there, that neck is one fat mutha.
                www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Nos fb-2

i think it's fantastic to have found a new one after 12 years -- but make sure it's a Japan-made Jackson Professional. And if this dealer's been unable to flog it all this time, I'd certainly hope he'd take substantially less than 800 quid for it!

Comment

i have a firebird mutt so i cant be much of a help here, but firebird are the sickest looking jacksons in my opinion, look in my profile pic for mine! reminds of like a custom les paul sorta
                    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Working...
                    X