Differences between DK2M and DX10D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences between DK2M and DX10D

2 humbuckers. Floyd Rose licensed tremolos, both made in Japan. DX10D has Duncan Designed Pickups while the DK2M has real Seymour Duncan.

Is it worth paying $ 150 more for the DK2M?
    How are those DK2Ms built? Do you think they would last? Is that black hardware rust-resistant or would just peel off as any Ibanez?
    Any info (and comparison) between these 2 models will be of great help!

DX10D also has an unbound neck which just looks to me like the guitar is not complete. I'd get a DK2 or DK2M over the DX10D.

Comment

DK2M's are well built. The hardware finish is resilient. Duncan Designed pickups are throw away items, imho (or you can sell them for maybe $20). A new set of real S. Duncans will run at or over $150, more or less.

So, speaking for myself, it would be worth the extra $.

Comment

more expensive = higher quality, go for the dk2m

Comment

What about finding a regular DK2? You can get them used on the cheap (or so I've seen)
          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

More expensive always doesn't mean better quality.

I think the made in Japan DX10 is a quality guitar, Made in India is another story. I like the Duncan Design. I do agree with the neck not being bound. My DX10 has a fast neck and I was going to replace the neck with a bound neck but I don't think I'm going get a great feeling neck as the one I have on now.
            2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
            2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
            2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
            2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
            2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
            2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
            2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
            2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
            2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
            1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
            1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
              What about finding a regular DK2? You can get them used on the cheap (or so I've seen)

Yep- DK2's all over ebay. Grabbed one for my brother for I think $300, probably could have done it cheaper if I was patient. I really enjoyed fooling with it before I gave it to him. Nice guitars.

I've seen auctions expire for less than that.

Vass

Comment

DX10D has the reverse headstock/inlays too, doesn't it? Just a cosmetic thing, but obviously judging by all the finishes available, looks matter.
                Jackson KV2
                Jackson KE1T
                Jackson KE1F
                Jackson SL1

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 01-16-2012, 06:11 PM.
                  Just a guitar player...

Comment

Key differences in "Fucked-Up English Format"...

DX10D->X series guitar. Duncan Designed Pickups. Basswood body. Rosewood Fingerboard. Chrome Hardware. No binding. Reversed Headstock. Reversed Inlays.

DK2M->Pro series guitar. Seymour Duncan Pickups. Alder Body. Maple Fingerboard. Black Hardware. Neck Binding. Normal Headstock. Normal Inlays.

There are more finishes for the dk2m, I believe.

The dk2m is a better guitar than the dx10d, except when you pick up an 06 model or older (not indian made) and swap the pickups.

You can't go wrong with the dk2m...they sell like hotcakes.

Comment

It looks like the DK2M is the way to go... I have a 2005 DK2, and and I want a guitar that has at least the same quality level than that one.. or better... the DK2M looks definitely very interesting

Comment

this is just the thread i was looking for. i am thinking of getting a dk2m .. but i'll be paying like 600€ for it , so it better be a good buy .. any opinions ?

Comment

Originally posted by woozy View Post
                          .. any opinions ?
                          Move to the US so you can buy it cheaper?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                            Move to the US so you can buy it cheaper?
                            LOL if i'd move to the us i'd buy a soloist

Comment

600 euros??? that's twice the price of a DK2M... I live in Ecuador, and our distributor here sells Jacksons at the same price you'd find on musiciansfriend... I really don't know how they manage to do it, sometimes you'd find them like $ 50 more expensive than the online price, which is still a good deal... Why are Jacksons so expensive in your country?

Comment

Working...
                              X