Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vampyric Hell... and is there anything like a DKMG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vampyric Hell... and is there anything like a DKMG?

Has anybody had any experience with these guys? - F.L.E i think.

I already own a DKMG Cobalt Swirl and to be honest it's the best £270 on ebay i've ever spent.

The design on these "Custom" DKMG's is pretty wicked....(IMHO)

Which leads me to another question:

Carved Top, EMG 81/85, reverse headstock, bound fretboard.

I would like to get a Made in the U, S of A Jackson but i can't seem to find anything with this kind of setup other than a DK1 but that is flat top and i've fallen in love with the carved tops.

I set out to sell my other jacksons to save up for a USA model with a decent graphic finish (lightning sky or black ghost flames..) but im sat here looking at a DKMG with the Vampyric Hell design thinking - that's not a lot of cash for a guitar i know and love.....

Anyone interested enough to read this- i would be interesed in your thoughts!

Thanks in advance.

I saw that guitar on ebay. The only thing custom about it is the paint job, and you are going to pay a huge premium for it if you buy from him. I want to say the first one he sold went for $1750. And in my opinion, the paint job is just ok. Save your money for a USA, or find a painter that is local who could do a true custom paint job to your specs for you.
    1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
    Jackson SLATQH
    Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
    Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
    Jackson DKMGT (project)
    Kramer Focus 1000
    Ibanez SDGR Bass
    Ovation Celebrity
    Martin Backpacker

Comment

Here is the link to the first auction:

Link

I think that is WAY to much for a less expensive guitar with a $300 paint job.
      1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
      Jackson SLATQH
      Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
      Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
      Jackson DKMGT (project)
      Kramer Focus 1000
      Ibanez SDGR Bass
      Ovation Celebrity
      Martin Backpacker

Comment

I like it at the price point it's at now. Can't see it staying in the $600s though. Anyone else think it would have looked cooler if he finished the flames the way he did but left the skull detailed and white like in Step 8? Guess it's just me.
        My gear
        87 Charvel Model 6
        86 Charvel Model 4
        93 Jackson RR EX
        93 Jackson Kelly STD
        88 Ibanez RG560
        99 Schecter Diamond C-7
        Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

Not sure how much DKMG's are in US but they go for £799 new here so that would be a wicked price!

Anyone suggest a USA model with carved top, EMG81/85's and reverse headstock!?
          Looks like im stuck with a DK1 then......(oh no ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Daywalker View Post
            Not sure how much DKMG's are in US but they go for £799 new here so that would be a wicked price!

Anyone suggest a USA model with carved top, EMG81/85's and reverse headstock!?
            Looks like im stuck with a DK1 then......(oh no ;-)
            My DK1 is the best guitar I've ever played....I'm glad I spent the money I did for it. If you search around, you could get a nice one new for between 1500.00 - 1800.00 US. (don't know if I can quote what I paid for mine, but my BCSB finish was in this range) Plus, with the DK1, you get the OFR, ebony fretboard (which I like much better than rosewood), MOP inlays and headstock logo.

I'm considering having my DK1 painted, just need to make sure I know exactly what I want before I pull the trigger.
            "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

I prefer it at stage 6 ... it's pretty cool overall but can't help but feel it's being passed off as a limited edition Jackson , when really all it's a bog standard DKMG with an aftermarket paint job and pick up upgrade, so that certificate of authenticity ain't really worth the paper it's written on.

Also remember you're in the UK so our friends in her majesty's customs and excise will be looking for a piece of the action as well.

Comment

Hmm, a little extrapolation. If a good price in the UK for a new DKMG is 799 GBP (about $1600 USD), you're looking at about 1750 GBP ($3500+ USD) for a new DK1. BTW, new DKMGs come standard with EMG 81/85 now.
                Last edited by Glave; 05-22-2008, 10:32 AM.
                My gear
                87 Charvel Model 6
                86 Charvel Model 4
                93 Jackson RR EX
                93 Jackson Kelly STD
                88 Ibanez RG560
                99 Schecter Diamond C-7
                Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

I've seen this "limited" DKMG relisted so many times. BIN $1300 + shipping, then add VAT and duty?! Pfft! NO. And given 11 people have already bid, the reserve isn't met, it definitely won't be cheap.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                    I've seen this "limited" DKMG relisted so many times. BIN $1300 + shipping, then add VAT and duty?! Pfft! NO. And given 11 people have already bid, the reserve isn't met, it definitely won't be cheap.
                    Buy an SL2 for that with shattered glass graphic.Not my fav one but in that price range you could get a killer solist USA model

Comment

I like that in blue...but it needs my neck on it ! And ive only got $500
                      into this one...

Comment

Robert , everytime you post that I hate you a little more!!

Comment

That kicks flaming ass.
                          Just a bog standard DKMGTFF - right?
                          Where did the paint job come from?

Comment

Working...
                          X