New member here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member here!

Hey guys whats up! I just got back with jacksons again always loved them bad ass guitars. Been playing epiphone's les paul, and a Iommi sg wich is a great solid built guitar. So I have itching to back with a floyd rose type guitar. So I sold my old wedding ring and got a dxmg I didn't have a lot a money to spend so I got this one, really wanted one with the 81/85 set up but this sounds decent. I need to change the strings I that would bring more brightness to the sound right? And is the much of a hassle in changing the bridge pickup to something hotter? I want a real good metal tone. Any suggestions on pickups? And the quality on this guitar is great , flawless and setup was near perfect!
    EVh Wolfgang/frankenstein pup
    1959Epiphone les paul
    george L cables
    mxr pedals
    Engl fireball 100

Welcome aboard, I like the Dxmgs a lot as well, I never played one with an Emg-Hz but from all the speaking around I'd guess buying some kind of a Duncan or an active EMG would improve its sound. I'd recommend a Duncan Custom or a Distortion for the bridge if you're not willing to go active ..

Welcome again
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Thanks !!!
      1959Epiphone les paul
      george L cables
      mxr pedals
      Engl fireball 100

Comment

Welcome to the board. I really like the HZ's in the neck position. As far as the bridge, I am a SD Invader kind of guy. There are alot of choices out there for pickups. Welcome again.
        Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Howdy!

Comment

are the stock strings that bad? and if go to 10's do i need a tech to adjust the back of the guitar? I pretty much used 10's are 9 better sounding? thanks again
            1959Epiphone les paul
            george L cables
            mxr pedals
            Engl fireball 100

Comment

The EMG's I've heard running 18V have been pretty sweet!!!

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

the HZ 4 is hotter then the 3 that is in there or try a dimarzio super 3.

Comment

Save up and get the EMG 81/85 set.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

We won't tell that you sold your old wedding ring for the guitar. Heck, I bet lots here have sold more...

Welcome Mate!
                    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
                      We won't tell that you sold your old wedding ring for the guitar. Heck, I bet lots here have sold more...

Welcome Mate!
                      lol not married no more so what the heck huh!
                      1959Epiphone les paul
                      george L cables
                      mxr pedals
                      Engl fireball 100

Comment

well i put some new daddario's on, the guy at store gave me the thinner 9's I wasn't sure the size but anyways the guitar sounds dam nice, much brighter also. Would have better low end if I had thicker strings i guess. I may just keep these pup's in for awhile cause there not bad at all. I have a line6 spider valve which rocks so that helps alot.The stock strings really suck and it makes the hz's sound bad.Good jobs jackson guitars!
                        Last edited by ken361; 05-28-2008, 12:32 PM.
                        1959Epiphone les paul
                        george L cables
                        mxr pedals
                        Engl fireball 100

Comment

well i got a boss metal zone hooked up at it seems much better now then the line 6 presets. Brings the pickups to life now. Wonder if I need new pups now the harmonics are pretty sweet now, I do have tubes in my amp so that helps also!
                          1959Epiphone les paul
                          george L cables
                          mxr pedals
                          Engl fireball 100

Comment

Working...
                          X