FRT-0-*000? are these OFR's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
    That, and the back of the saddles look beveled like the knockoffs, not like the squared off Germany ones.
    Some older OFR had saddles with beveled edges. I have one like that that's about 20 years old and I've seen them on other guitars aswell.

Comment

How has your's kept up on your Stars RRJ1?

Cause I know many have had problems with pings stuff but the FRT0200 is ok then it's not so bad, I would feel kind of cheated but they do say it's the FRT02000.

Is it as good as the ofr?

Comment

Some more fuel-to-the-fire. My RR24 FR is the same one in the 2nd pic. (not a Ping!) Now that's the same exact Floyd that's on my 3 EVH Charvel's! So there FRT-02000's also?????
        "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Originally posted by 777 View Post
          Some more fuel-to-the-fire. My RR24 FR is the same one in the 2nd pic. (not a Ping!) Now that's the same exact Floyd that's on my 3 EVH Charvel's! So there FRT-02000's also?????
          The only way to tell would be to pull the Floyd.
          A German Floyd will say Made in Germany on the underside, the FRT-02000 will not. That's the only difference from an appearance perspective.
          So unless someone told you, you probably couldn't tell which one was which when it's installed on a guitar.
          According to the EVH Charvel spec sheet, it has a "Floyd Rose® Original™ Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo".
          So it should be German made.
          -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post
            How has your's kept up on your Stars RRJ1?
            Are you asking me? I have a Jackson Stars Custom RR with Made in Germany OFR. Work perfectly .

Comment

^^^^

You are correct sir! Thank you. The EVH's DO have the stamp on the underside. (thanks to a dental mirror) The RR24 I cant tell because it's resessed and I,m not going to pull it just to find out.............
              "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

RR24's do not say anywhere made in germany

Comment

Originally posted by Schizo_dave View Post
                  RR24's do not say anywhere made in germany
                  Yes but we are talking about the trems. It would be more correct if they specified the origin of the floyds that come on these guitars. Its stamped with floyd rose and therefore people would be right to assume its an original (german made).
                  Marshall JCM800 2203
                  G12K-100w Cabinet
                  Jackson RR24

Comment

Originally posted by nitro_D View Post
                    Yes but we are talking about the trems. It would be more correct if they specified the origin of the floyds that come on these guitars. Its stamped with floyd rose and therefore people would be right to assume its an original (german made).

That's what he meant. He meant that no where on the Trem is it stamped "made in Germany" on an RR24.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                      That's what he meant. He meant that no where on the Trem is it stamped "made in Germany" on an RR24.
                      gotcha.

my mistake shizo_dude
                      Marshall JCM800 2203
                      G12K-100w Cabinet
                      Jackson RR24

Comment

Working...
                      X