Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRT-0-*000? are these OFR's?

Hi,
    Its getting closer to when I can order my jackson starts kv-2. I can't find whether or not the FRT-O-2000 is an original or a licensed trem.
    Searched in google and people say no its licensed, yes its original, yes its original but made in china and not germany.

Can anyone clear it up

Thanks!!!!
    Marshall JCM800 2203
    G12K-100w Cabinet
    Jackson RR24

It's a real Floyd.
    Yes, it's made in China, but it IS a real Floyd, not a licensed one.
    -Rick

Comment

Perhaps a better question would be, is it on the same level of quality as the German ones?
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
        Perhaps a better question would be, is it on the same level of quality as the German ones?
        +1

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
          According to a few RR24 owners here, the simple answer is "no".

Comment

Originally posted by nitro_D View Post
            Hi,
            Its getting closer to when I can order my jackson starts kv-2. I can't find whether or not the FRT-O-2000 is an original or a licensed trem.
            Searched in google and people say no its licensed, yes its original, yes its original but made in china and not germany.

Can anyone clear it up

Thanks!!!!
            Where did you get the FRT 0-2000 number? I didn't see it on their website. Have you tried to contact Jackson about your question?

I've owned two KV2s. Bought around 2000-2001. They both had Original Floyd Rose trems that were "Made in Germany" (stated on the bottom of the base plate). That's what the USA Select Series is about. It's Jackson's high end stuff with the best components. Unless that's changed since they're with Fender, but I doubt that. So I would think its an OFR from Germany.

There seems to be a lot of discussion about what constitutes an OFR trem. My understanding is that the OFRs are Made in Germany in the same plant that makes the Schaller. But.....the components of the Schaller are not made with all hardened parts, where the OFR is made with all hardened pieces, which affects the tone, performance and longevity of the trem.

OK...I just opened myself up for a shit storm...but that's my understanding of the history of these trems. Can you back me up Slash?
            Last edited by Da' Melta'; 06-09-2008, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nitro_D View Post
              Hi,

Can anyone clear it up

Thanks!!!!
              Maybe I misunderstood. Is this a KV2 Flying V? I just noticed the post is in the import section.

If it ain't a King V disregard my last post.

Comment

The spec sheet for the KV2 still says: "Floyd Rose® Original™ Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo".

The spec sheets for the RR24, SL3, etc, say: "Floyd Rose® FRT-O2000 Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo". This is the OFR that does not have "Made in Germany" on the back.

I'd seriously hope that the USA Selects still use the german made ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Da' Melta' View Post
                  Maybe I misunderstood. Is this a KV2 Flying V? I just noticed the post is in the import section.

If it ain't a King V disregard my last post.
                  He means the Jackson Stars version, which is the Japanese division of Jackson, for the Japanese market.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    He means the Jackson Stars version, which is the Japanese division of Jackson, for the Japanese market.

http://www.jacksonstars.com/
                    I knew I should have kept my mouth shut! Thanks for the clarification, Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                      The spec sheet for the KV2 still says: "Floyd Rose® Original™ Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo".

The spec sheets for the RR24, SL3, etc, say: "Floyd Rose® FRT-O2000 Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo". This is the OFR that does not have "Made in Germany" on the back.

I'd seriously hope that the USA Selects still use the german made ones.
                      Hey guys i'm new here and own a RR24 ltd, i checked on the jackson website and on the specs for the RR24s it still shows Floyd Rose Original not FRT-O2000, and yes mine does not have a made in Germany stamp so is this a factual error by Jackson?

Comment

I just took off the back plate and can't see any "made in..." stamp. Have you really gotta remove the floyd from the guitar?
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Made In Germany should be stamped on the baseplate near the High-E saddle on the top in front of the bar. If it's not there, it's not a "real" Floyd Rose.

I don't care who owns the Floyd Rose Tremolo brand name, but farming it out to China and making it out of cheapass pot metal AND calling it a "real Floyd Rose" just because it doesn't say "licensed under..." on it is one of the biggest insults in the history of the world.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Learn something new every day on the JCF, I did not know this about the RR24.

Comment

And sometimes you "learn" things that are incorrect...

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              Made In Germany should be stamped on the baseplate near the High-E saddle on the top in front of the bar. If it's not there, it's not a "real" Floyd Rose.
                              No, the "Made in Germany" stamp should be on the bottom of the baseplate of a real "Original Floyd Rose". NOT the top. You may be thinking of the Schaller Floyd, Newc. Not the OFR. See some of the Floyd pics in this thread:

(BTW, I wish we still had that "Floyd Identification Project" thread here. That was great for this kind of stuff.

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              I don't care who owns the Floyd Rose Tremolo brand name, but farming it out to China and making it out of cheapass pot metal AND calling it a "real Floyd Rose" just because it doesn't say "licensed under..." on it is one of the biggest insults in the history of the world.
                              Can you blame Floyd? They're just trying to compete with other companies' cheaper-priced (and quality) "licensed by" Floyd versions. The only cheese lies in them not distinguishing between Schaller-made and Chinese-made Original Floyds.

And, to the best of my knowledge, it has yet to be definitively established that these (rumored) Chinese Floyds are not of the same quality, so this question may be moot, anyway. (I have yet to hear anyone say they're made of cheap pot metal.) I mean, just because a Chinaman gets paid at a fraction of a German employee's wages doesn't automatically mean that he makes an inferior product.

Comment

Working...
                              X