New DXMG GMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DXMG GMG

I've owned quite a few DXMG's over the years. Once they moved manufacturing of the DXMG over to the Japan factory, I bought one and got addicted. I was upset when they changed the bodies to basswood (or is it poplar) and basically started manufacturing it as an X-series guitar, but I never got one in gunmetal gray, so I figured I'd try one out. I have to say I'm happy with the quality. The fit and finish is excellent, and the trem is solid like a JT580LP, though I'm sure it's not as good quality. Definitely happy with the decision.

Here's pics:

Last edited by thetruthguy; 06-13-2008, 08:48 PM.
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

I just sold back my dxmg, same color also its a sweet guitar but didn't care for the emgs so I bought a dk2m which sounds better. I guess Im a tone freak, the iommi is a little hard to beat in tone. The pickups are pretty high-output and it has 10's on
    Last edited by ken361; 06-09-2008, 07:14 PM.
    EVh Wolfgang/frankenstein pup
    1959Epiphone les paul
    george L cables
    mxr pedals
    Engl fireball 100

Comment

It's the only X-Series Jackson with binding and black hardware so it's still the best out of that series. I've owned a alder bodied version and liked it, even with the HZ pups installed.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Ive got one old alder DXMG. It's supposed to be gun metal grey but mine looks moss green! lolz Looks like a tank though!

Comment

DXMG in action on YouTube ... noodling along with Cinderella's Gypsy Road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ee2MwQbQCQ
          My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

I spend many hours drooling over a GMG DXMG.. it looks so good. Eventually I decided I didn't need it.. :/

Anyway, congrats on the guitar and cool vid!
            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mass Defect View Post
              Ive got one old alder DXMG. It's supposed to be gun metal grey but mine looks moss green! lolz Looks like a tank though!

Hey tell me more about that black beauty with the maple board. What is that exactly, it looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthguy View Post
                DXMG in action on YouTube ... noodling along with Cinderella's Gypsy Road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ee2MwQbQCQ
                Really clean playing man. Nice score!

Originally posted by destructin_od View Post
                Hey tell me more about that black beauty with the maple board. What is that exactly, it looks great.
                hey man, glad you liked it. all the info you need right here: http://jcfonline.com/forums/showthre...=jackson+stars

Comment

Working...
                X