Is there anyone keeping tabs on how Jackson Stars CS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anyone keeping tabs on how Jackson Stars CS

Like any of the announcements or anything like I know the Tokyo Guitar Show or whatever it's called is going to be happening soon, is there anyone keeping an eye out for that because personally I'd like to know the new costs for their customs and if semi-custom returns, because yes they stock TN02's of all the guitars look nice and all but...I'd like to get a TN01 where I can get it in a different color other than black and the only TN01 model that allows multiple colors are the Soloists which yes I don't mind them and they are nice guitars, but I want like a trans-red or trans-black Rhoads or something like that.

So anyways with that giant paragraph of rant...whats the word?
    Jackson SL-2H Soloist (Ferrari Red)
    Jackson Stars RR-J2 Rhoads (Black)
    Jackson KVX10 w/EMG 81 bridge, EMG 60 neck (Black)
    Ibanez RG470 w/OFR, Seymour Duncan SH-5 neck and bridge (Titanium Ice)
    Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus (Vintage Sunburst)

I e-mailed Ishibashi last week to ask about the Jackson Stars custom shop (which, according to some rumors, was supposed to re-open around June this year), and they still don't have any news. They don't even know if Jackson Stars is ever going to take custom orders again
    2007 Jackson Stars RR Custom
    2005 Jackson Stars RR Semi-custom
    1991 Grover Jackson RR Dan Spitz Professional
    1991 Grover Jackson RR Custom (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Claw View Post
      I e-mailed Ishibashi last week to ask about the Jackson Stars custom shop (which, according to some rumors, was supposed to re-open around June this year), and they still don't have any news. They don't even know if Jackson Stars is ever going to take custom orders again
      Oh, I wanted to email them about that too...

Comment

I wouldn't think they'd completely get rid of their custom shop, like I could see the low possibility of semi-custom returning, but to get rid of their complete custom shop that'd just be a little rediculous imo.

Comment

I will be going to the Tokyo Guitar Show on June 28th. I will ask the guys at the Jackson Stars booth about their custom shop.

BTW, I am the guy who started the "rumor" that custom production would begin again in June of 2008. That's what they told me at the Musical Instrument Fair in November.

However, the Japanese factory stopped making MIJ Charvels in April 2008, so I'm thinking maybe that they are cutting production all around, now that the company that handles Fender in Japan is also handling Jackson Stars...
          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Hopefully Fender's administration won't completely drop the JStars line, or permanently close the Custom and/or Semi-Custom option, or relocate the operation to a lesser factory like Samick.

I hope they plan on opening it up to orders from America. I'd definitely keep them building NASLs from now till doomsday
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I don't know, if these were already mentioned, but those "limited" models advertised in TGS previews, are listed here:

TN02-series Kellys and RRs in Swirl, Kellys and KVs in ghost flames and couple of other RR models.

Comment

Originally posted by atha View Post
                I don't know, if these were already mentioned, but those "limited" models advertised in TGS previews, are listed here:

TN02-series Kellys and RRs in Swirl, Kellys and KVs in ghost flames and couple of other RR models.

http://www.fender.jp/tgs2008/preview...rspart2_1.html
                They can be ordered from Ikebe Gakki : http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/shopping_...te=1&brand=261

Too bad these swirl RR don't have a floyd.
                2007 Jackson Stars RR Custom
                2005 Jackson Stars RR Semi-custom
                1991 Grover Jackson RR Dan Spitz Professional
                1991 Grover Jackson RR Custom (sold)

Comment

They can be ordered from Ikebe Gakki : http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/shopping_...te=1&brand=261

Too bad these swirl RR don't have a floyd.

I like that they don't have a floyd.. I just wish they were TN01's

Comment

I went to the Tokyo Guitar Show this past Saturday, and asked the guys from Chushin Gakki (Japanese Jackson factory) and Yamano Gakki (Jackson distributor in Japan) about the custom shop.

The guy from Yamano Gakki told me that because Chushin Gakki gave up their rights to distribute guitars in Japan and is now just a Japanese factory for an American company, Yamano is "importing" guitars from Jackson USA, even if the guitars are made in Japan (as far as the paperwork goes).

That is, before, a customer would place a custom order at a shop, the shop would place an order with the factory, and the factory would send the guitar to the shop when it was done.

Now, however, a customer would place an order at a shop, the shop would have to place an order with Yamano Gakki, Yamano Gakki would have to put the order through Jackson USA, Jackson USA would tell Chushin Gakki to make the guitar, Chushin Gakki would notify Jackson USA that the guitar is built, then send the guitar to Yamano Gakki, who would then send the guitar to the shop for the customer to pick up.

Not only have several layers of beaurocracy been added, what with the fluctuating exchange rate, import taxes, etc, the guy at Yamano Gakki said that it would be difficult to set prices for full on custom orders for a while. He said that he himself wanted to get semi custom orders going again soon, as it would be easier for prices to be set for certain options rather than entire guitars.

I told him,

"Last November you guys told me June of 2008 for the custom shop to start up again" to which he replied,

"And you're disappointed that it hasn't started up yet, aren't you? I won't give you a date so that you won't be disappointed again."

Anyway, I posted some pics from the show at the thread below:

Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
                      I went to the Tokyo Guitar Show this past Saturday, and asked the guys from Chushin Gakki (Japanese Jackson factory) and Yamano Gakki (Jackson distributor in Japan) about the custom shop.

The guy from Yamano Gakki told me that because Chushin Gakki gave up their rights to distribute guitars in Japan and is now just a Japanese factory for an American company, Yamano is "importing" guitars from Jackson USA, even if the guitars are made in Japan (as far as the paperwork goes).

That is, before, a customer would place a custom order at a shop, the shop would place an order with the factory, and the factory would send the guitar to the shop when it was done.

Now, however, a customer would place an order at a shop, the shop would have to place an order with Yamano Gakki, Yamano Gakki would have to put the order through Jackson USA, Jackson USA would tell Chushin Gakki to make the guitar, Chushin Gakki would notify Jackson USA that the guitar is built, then send the guitar to Yamano Gakki, who would then send the guitar to the shop for the customer to pick up.

Not only have several layers of beaurocracy been added, what with the fluctuating exchange rate, import taxes, etc, the guy at Yamano Gakki said that it would be difficult to set prices for full on custom orders for a while. He said that he himself wanted to get semi custom orders going again soon, as it would be easier for prices to be set for certain options rather than entire guitars.

I told him,

"Last November you guys told me June of 2008 for the custom shop to start up again" to which he replied,

"And you're disappointed that it hasn't started up yet, aren't you? I won't give you a date so that you won't be disappointed again."

Anyway, I posted some pics from the show at the thread below:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83263
                      Holy crap...that seems like the biggest hassle of processing ever.

I might just go with a Custom USA Jackson, but hopefully the Stars Custom Shop will be open and such and could be checked out by the time I have the money for either. But wow...I wonder if the JSCS prices will be similar to the JUSACS prices.

Comment

This was probably done to take outside-Japan business away from the Stars shop, since that very same (albeit minor) business was taking away sales from the USA Custom Shop.

Not that's it's any big $ecret a$ to why that wa$ happening
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Doh... sounds like a big bummer. Way to fuck up a good thing. I bet those guitars will be sitting in the warehouse for 6 months before they are finally shipped...

Ah well, back to the drawing board (custom shop generator).
                          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Matt,
                            Kotzen is on Vacation this week, when he gets back, I am going to send him my NASL for a template to be made.

AND AWAY WE GO!!!!!

:headbang:
                            Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Sweet.

I've been comparing catalog pics of Soloists and NASLs (never done that before), and the body-width and carve differences are very noticeable.

And I still want a maple board and H-S-S

They should be able to get the template for JStars, no?

Comment

Working...
                              X