Tell me about the history of the dinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about the history of the dinky

this is my first post. I have a used DK2 coming and was wondering what countries they have been made in. Here is a picture of it. Can you tell by the picture where it may have been made?

Epiphone Elitist les paul with Kahler trem and Duncan P-rails

Jackson DK2

Line 6 flextone III

Looks Japanese to me. Of course the true history of the Dinky goes back to the early days of the USA made Jacksons. The Dinky is a slightly scaled down version of the Strat, and because it was smaller got the nickname "Dinky."
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Thanks

Jackson DK2

Line 6 flextone III

Comment

Japanese DK2, pre "upgrade". Model now comes with Seymour Duncans rather than "Duncan Designed" pups & black hardware. Switchover for that was 2005 I want to say? Someone will come along & clarify I am sure.

I bought one exactly like yours for my brother, except someone swapped the Duncan Designed humbucker out and put a real Duncan JB in there. Neat guitar, very nice player. If you swap out the pups it will be that much better.

Vass

Comment

no it was 06 i think
          Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
          Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

2006 is correct. Chrome hardware changed to black, improved JT580LP (harder baseplate), real Duncans replaced DD's.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Nice guitar.

Try the pickups before changing them. A friend of mine has those and they are not that bad. Ofcourse they are not the real SD but they don't stink either !
              sigpicPlayForFun

Comment

So I was wondering since I know the Dinky is a smaller size body, but is the Soloist bigger or the same size? Im guessing its bigger, but can someone clear that up.
                Gibson SG Standard
                Jackson DK2M Dinky
                Silvertone S615 Acoustic from the 60's
                Roland Micro Cube
                Marshall MG100DFX

Comment

same size body
                  Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                  Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Same size body, just 7/8" the size of a standard strat body. Though, some people here have mentioned that the body horns may be slightly different depending on if they have 22 or 24 frets.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Same size body, the only difference is that the Soloist is neck-through, while the Dinky is bolt-on.
                      Scott

Comment

Alright, thanks for the answers guys.
                        Gibson SG Standard
                        Jackson DK2M Dinky
                        Silvertone S615 Acoustic from the 60's
                        Roland Micro Cube
                        Marshall MG100DFX

Comment

I am hoping the single coils sound good then I will probably change the bridge for a Dimarzio Breed. Then put a Ghost piezo floyd on it.

Jackson DK2

Line 6 flextone III

Comment

I have an '06 DK2T. same color except that its got two humbuckers and a string thru body. I love that guitar to death. Even though I have a $1600 Jackson soloist, this $300 is my fav and I dont think I will ever part with it. The neck is super slim, but in a good way and it plays like heaven.

Although recently, I've been taking it to my bandmate's garage for practice and it hums a lot. The humming has always been a problem. The electronics are the not the greatest.

DK2's belong to the pro series.
                            Sam

Comment

Fedex man gave this to me a couple of hours ago. I think I like it. Pickups sound pretty good but they need to be changed just becuase and adjust the springs on the trem as it is sitting too low in the trem cavity.

Jackson DK2

Line 6 flextone III

Comment

Working...
                              X