Need help dating this Kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help dating this Kelly

Hey guys, I just recently picked this up from a friend and I wanted to know what year it is.

I know it is a KE3 but I'm not sure about the year.

Pics:

Well, if you want to date her, most Kellys I know don't appreciate it when you ask their age. Try just playing with her a little bit, no matter how old she may look. I bet you get a second date.

Pre 2006 for starters.

Vass

Comment

First of all, girls love confidence, so just go up to her and ask her out. And make sure she doesn't see your guitars! :P
      Scott

Comment

That's interesting, I thought people were actually here to help when someone posts a thread about things like this.

I guess not.

Comment

Take the neck off. You will find the production date of the neck stamped on the neck heel, and the date for the body stamped inside the neck pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by KingKelly View Post
            That's interesting, I thought people were actually here to help when someone posts a thread about things like this.

I guess not.
            You'll get help but you'll also get humour. Your thread title is asking for the piss to be taken.
            Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Also....is that neck stable with the stap button there?

I had a RX10D and I moved the strap button to the same position as you have using the original neck screw. Everytime I dive-bombed the tremolo neck would move out of it's place and guitar would de-tune. It also made a small popping noise. If you encounter any tuning instabilities or hear popping noises just put the strap button back to it's original position or use a longer screw for it in the neck plate.

Comment

That hardware was used on the ke3 from 2002-2005. I'm guessing 2004-5 based on the serial number. Where's Ron when you need him?
                I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by KingKelly View Post

I guess not.
                  You did did you? That's why this messageboard exists, like a public utility, for you to come on in & get your answers? All the little JCF gnomes just wait all day long for someone to come by and present to them a new question by someone who hasn't discovered Google quite yet?

I gave you an answer. It's got chrome hardware, and Duncan Designed pickups, although you didn't get a good shot of that. That makes it pre-upgrade, which makes it 2006 or earlier.

BTW, nice axe.

Vass
                  Last edited by Vass; 06-14-2008, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                    Also....is that neck stable with the stap button there?

I had a RX10D and I moved the strap button to the same position as you have using the original neck screw. Everytime I dive-bombed the tremolo neck would move out of it's place and guitar would de-tune. It also made a small popping noise. If you encounter any tuning instabilities or hear popping noises just put the strap button back to it's original position or use a longer screw for it in the neck plate.
                    Yeah for me it's actually pretty stable even with all of the dive-bombing and all of that.

I was just tired of the guitar being neck-heavy so that's why I moved it. I'll take the neck off and check all of that thanks guys.

I get the thread title now also.

Comment

Chrome hardware = prior to 2006. It's a nice guitar, though I'd be tempted to put black hardware on it. See if you canj find a DK2 neck for it too.
                      Last edited by wilkinsi; 06-14-2008, 02:38 PM.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

See ya in the Classifieds, ya newb fugger! HAHAHAHAHAH!

Sorry, inside joke. I'll go with 2005 or early 2006.

Hi Lev, missed me, huh?
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                        X