Question on the Jackson import tuners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on the Jackson import tuners

I've got a PS-4 that has been upgraded with better pups, tremolo, electronics, etc. Today, when changing the strings, I noticed some of the tuners creaking. These resemble Schallers, and I know Schallers are used on the USA models. Does anyone know if Schaller tuners are a "drop-in" replacement for the tuners on this model?
    The Guitars:
    Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
    The Amps:
    Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Wich tremolo does it have a Licenced under floyd rose ?
    sigpicPlayForFun

Comment

It had the Jackson JT-500, which has been replaced by a Schaller.
      The Guitars:
      Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
      The Amps:
      Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

I think they are but I'm not certain. I don't have any here to check at the moment.

Comment

The Jin Ho's that are in there now are modeled off the Schaller Mini...you can buy new Jin Ho's and pop the dust covers off the old ones and swap them out (about $20), or buy Schallers and swap them in (twice as much)...to be honest, there's not a whole lot of difference between the two, except the countries they are made in...
          Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Originally posted by missionguitars1 View Post
            The Jin Ho's that are in there now are modeled off the Schaller Mini...you can buy new Jin Ho's and pop the dust covers off the old ones and swap them out (about $20), or buy Schallers and swap them in (twice as much)...to be honest, there's not a whole lot of difference between the two, except the countries they are made in...
            Thanks. I thought they looked very similar except for the height difference.

I just did a search and realized I had my Schaller and Gotoh confused. They looked a lot like the Gotoh, just not as tall. Set of Gotohs $26.

I've got some Gotohs lying around somewhere...I'll have to compare when I get home from work today.

Thanks again.
            The Guitars:
            The Amps:

Comment

Gotoh SG-36's are direct replacements.
              -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                Gotoh SG-36's are direct replacements.
                Yup, just pulled some out and they look like the retaining screws match up. Cool, and thanks.
                The Guitars:
                The Amps:

Comment

Originally posted by DocNrock View Post
                  Yup, just pulled some out and they look like the retaining screws match up. Cool, and thanks.
                  Just replaced them with some Gotohs. Direct replacement.
                  The Guitars:
                  The Amps:

Comment

I'm thinking of getting gold tuners for my RR24 what would be the size i would need to get, preferably gotoh or schaller, thanks for any replies

Comment

As I stated earlier, Gotoh SG-36 tuners are the EXACT same specs as Jackson standard tuners.
                      -Rick

Comment

O.k cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X