Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serial number question for the Jackson Gods of Seemingly Endless Knowledge...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial number question for the Jackson Gods of Seemingly Endless Knowledge...

I have an axe with 9615244. I snagged it from fleabay under my assumption that it was a KVX10.... but I think it is a KV3 (especially since it has only 22 frets). Any info?

Thanks,
    -Justin
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Pics?
    Serial indicates in was made in Japan.
    22 frets would make it a KV3.
    -Rick

Comment

I'll try to post some pics in a day or so. It just came in this morning and haven't had a chance to take any yet.

Any idea what year? I am quite sure they were only made for a couple of years, but can't recall.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I believe they were only made from 97-99.
        Then there is the short lived KV4 as well.
        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
          I believe they were only made from 97-99.
          Then there is the short lived KV4 as well.
          The KV3 is 22 frets with a bolt-on neck. The first version of the KV2 was also bolt-on with 22 frets (dot inlays), and it was also Japanese.
          The KV4 was neck-thru with 24 frets.

Here's the catalog scans to check the years. http://audiozone.dk/cm/jackson-charv...cans.php?cat=3
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Comment

Yep... that's a KV3.
              -Rick

Comment

I thought so. I don't know how I missed that in the auction. It was not posted as anything more than a Jackson V, but I should have known by looking at the pictures. Regardless, it plays well, and the pickups sound better than expected, although I may eventually change them out. I am not unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                X