Jackson Stealth Ex Professional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Stealth Ex Professional

Hi I have my eye on a JACKSON STEALTH EX PROFESSIONAL year 94 I think. I would like to know what do you think of this guitar and how it compares to a DK2 or a charvel 375
    kind of in a rush since the auction ends soon

Thanks
    sigpicPlayForFun

The DK2 or 375 would probably be nicer overall. The EXs were at the bottom of each Professional model line during their production, but a Stealth will be considerably different. The necks are very thin and the bodies are smaller and lighter than on most other J/C guitars. Basically, they are comparable to an Ibanez S-series in terms of look and feel. I have a Stealth TH-2, which is an oddball of the Stealth line, and I like it a lot. It is lighter than my other Jacksons, which I like for gigging purposes, but it lacks the eye candy like pearl sharkfin inlays or fretboard binding.

The Stealth EX is a very common guitar on the used market, so I wouldn't pay much for it unless it's mint.
    sigpic

Comment

Cool thanks Inazone.

I thought it was a really good guitar since it is a Jackson Professional from 94 (and I ve heard those pro series guitars were better than today ones).
      How much would you be willing to pay for one in mint condition ?

Thanks
      sigpicPlayForFun

Comment

I have a Stealth EX and a 375.... I think the Stealth is way underrated or I got the cream of the crop I think it smokes the 375, pickups are probably weak but when I bought mine it had the JB / JBjr / JBjr installed. Very nice neck and I love the thinner body. I would easliy consider picking another one up.

I've seen 'em go for less than two on eBay with stock pups, either they didn't make a lot of them or people don't want to give them up because I don't see 'em on there too often. I know I will NEVER sell mine and with the exception of my Fender Custom Shop, I would sell anyone of my guitars, I like it that much.
        Last edited by Skully; 06-23-2008, 04:09 PM.
        Fender Stratocaster Custom Shop Custom Classic
        Fender Stratocaster Eric Clapton sig
        Fender Telecaster Standard MM
        Jackson Dinky DKMGT
        Jackson Stealth EX
        Charvel 375
        Ibanez Daytripper
        OLP Musicman
        Carvin C250

Mesa 5:50 Express
        Sonic 4 x 12

Comment

You prefer the Jackson Stealth EX, over your Jackson Dinky DKMGT & Ibanez RG320FM I ask just to have an idea of what to expect.

Thanks Skully.
          sigpicPlayForFun

Comment

Originally posted by Diego View Post
            You prefer the Jackson Stealth EX, over your Jackson Dinky DKMGT & Ibanez RG320FM I ask just to have an idea of what to expect.

Thanks Skully.
            Yes, and Yes... Like mentioned before the Stealth has a very thin neck and feels very good against my body. Although the RG is a very nice neck, I had to have work done to it before it was playable, leveled/crowned/polished, had Jumbos and I couldn't stand 'em. The neck is quite thin though and nice to play, pickups were weak so I replaced them with SD Custom Custom / Peraly Gates. The Dinky's neck isn't bad, plays very nice but once again the stock EMG's blew, went with the Super Distortion / PAF combo there and is one of my fav's for cleans off the neck pup (PAF). I however always come back to the Stealth, feels like a old friend. The only guitar I like playing as much is the Fender Custom Shop. Get the Stealth for under two and put some hot pups in it and Rock and/or Roll

and again, I don't see 'em on auction sites hardly at all, why? I know the next time I come across one, I'm snagging it!
            Last edited by Skully; 06-23-2008, 11:01 PM.
            Jackson Dinky DKMGT
            Jackson Stealth EX
            Charvel 375
            Ibanez Daytripper
            OLP Musicman
            Carvin C250

Sonic 4 x 12

Comment

OK thanks I 'll try to get it them.

PS: You have been most usefull thank you very much !
              sigpicPlayForFun

Comment

I picked up my Stealth EX back in '95(?) and it's been my main guitar ever since, so I unfortunately have little to compare it to. The only mod I've made was to drop an EMG in the bridge and for me this is a great guitar...super reliable, very comfortable to play and I think pretty versatile. In all the time I've had it I haven't even had it set up-no need for it. Just very solid. A few months ago I thought it was time to go for something new so I bought a DKMG, returned it a week later. Compared to the Stealth the DKMG neck was far too thick for me. It by all means is a pretty stripped down guitar, but again, it's very comfortable and ultra reliable. If you can find a good deal on one I don't think you can go wrong. Enjoy.

Comment

I've also have an EX. I love the wizard like neck. The pickups are little weak and could use a replacement. As mentioned, the body is not strat like the 375's but still, a good guitar.

joe...
                  www.godwentpunk.com
                  www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I've had three differant Stealths at thesame time.I like them so much. I still have my 92 PRO. Which i'll never get rid of. But i also ahd the HX and the EX in the stone finish. All of them played great and were extremely comfortable to play. But of course as expected the 92 wins in all catagories over the other 2. Cus those other 2 went bye bye and i still have the 92. i'll get more eventually.I love those necks. I bought it new in 92 and i think ive only adjusted the neck 3 times. It's that good.
                    Gil

Comment

The one I going for is an Stealth Professional EX 94 (I think) in stone finish.

How did you like the stone finish JacksonFreak ?
                      sigpicPlayForFun

Comment

Diego. The stone finish was cool It wasnt smooth like a gloss finish is. But it wasnt sharp either. It did have texture to it. and was a but of a differant feel when i first put my right arm across it to play it. I got used to it pretty quick tho. It didnt bother me. It just felt differant.
                        Gil

Comment

So are you jumping on the deal Diego? If not, hook a brother up, I'll buy it! I just unloaded an Epi SG and need a replacement! and as soon as the RR3 goes I'm really going to be jones'n for a new Jackson
                          Jackson Dinky DKMGT
                          Jackson Stealth EX
                          Charvel 375
                          Ibanez Daytripper
                          OLP Musicman
                          Carvin C250

Sonic 4 x 12

Comment

Another vote for the Stealth. I use to own a 92 black one that I bought from my cousin. Very smooth playability and fast neck for what the axe was.
                            07 Ibanez J Custom RG8470RS, 92 Ibanez RG770EG, 91 Ibanez RG565EG, 90 Ibanez RG550CM, 90 Jackson USA Fusion, 89 BCRich Assassin, 85 Ibanez Roadstar II RS440RV, 05 Takamine AN-10

Furman PL-8 Series II, ADA 3TM MP-1 Ultra+, Axe-FX Ultra, rack tray (Axess Elec. BS-2, DOD FX90), Roland EV-5, Dunlop 535Q18v, VHT 2/50/2, Ground Control Pro, X2 Digital XDS95 W'less, (2) Bogner Cubes

Comment

I 'm trying to come to an agree with the seller. I woud hook you up Skully but I'm in Argentina (prices are higher here and you have to pay for shipment)
                              sigpicPlayForFun

Comment

Working...
                              X