No announcement yet.

Question About Soloist Pro Mid Knob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, Thanks man. You're most likely right but today I went into my local guitar shop today to buy the pots. I told the cashier that the pots were 250k but he insisted that the volume (possibly mid and tone aswell) pot would be 500k with my pickups and guitar. My new pickups are lil 59(n) classic stack(m) and sh-5(b), does anyone knows for sure what the values are?

Comment

Usually 500k pots are used with humbuckers. 250k will work, but I think they take some of the brightness away. Some use the 250k just for that reason.
      But yeah you can use either one, I'd go with the 500k if it were mine.
      Or maybe 1 500k volume for the Bridge / and 1 250k volume for the single coils.
      'Howling in shadows
      Living in a lunar spell
      He finds his heaven
      Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

That'd be cool but I still want the tone and mid knobs, so 500k and 2 250k's for the tone and mid? Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by i likeallguitar View Post
          That'd be cool but I still want the tone and mid knobs, so 500k and 2 250k's for the tone and mid? Thanks for the help
          Yeah,
          Bridge - 500k
          single coil - 250k
          mid knob - ??? not sure wait for someone with knowledge on this set up sets you and me straight before closing the book on this.
          I'm tryin to help, but I dont wanna steer you wrong.
          'Howling in shadows
          Living in a lunar spell
          He finds his heaven
          Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Working...
          X