Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS4 Professional- what is the body wood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS4 Professional- what is the body wood?

Hello!

I'm doing an full setup and electronics overhaul on my friend's PS4 Professional - what is the body wood? If this helps, it's dark red transparent with a veneer flame top. Any help much appreciated!

Thanks much!

Johnny

...and yes, I'm a

PS4 Professional doesn't sound right to me - the PS models were Performers, I thought.

Anyhoo, body wood under the veneer (actually a photo) should be either basswood or alder or poplar.

Drill a 1/2" hole into the body. If the shavings come out greenish, it's poplar. If not, it's either alder or basswood.

just kidding about the drilling
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      PS4 Professional doesn't sound right to me - the PS models were Performers, I thought.

Anyhoo, body wood under the veneer (actually a photo) should be either basswood or alder or poplar.

Drill a 1/2" hole into the body. If the shavings come out greenish, it's poplar. If not, it's either alder or basswood.

just kidding about the drilling
      Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Yeah I agree, PS-4 are performers not professionals !
        sigpicPlayForFun

Comment

+1. I have a PS-4
          IIRC, the catalog archive says its alder.
          The Guitars:
          Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
          The Amps:
          Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Damn, Newc

I didn't read all the way through your post!!!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

:ROTF:

Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                Damn, Newc

I didn't read all the way through your post!!!

WTF happened to her? was someone going for the VAI swiss cheese look and quit? LOL
                If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

LOL The old "shotgun" Soloist! He bought that off ebay for cheap. I guess the original owner was going for the old B.C. Rich electronics look. :ROTF:
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X