Rr5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rr5

Any good? How does it compare with other guitars in it's price range? If you don't like it, what would you recommend instead?

Thanks,

Axe
    13' Gibson Les Paul Trad Pro ii - Alpine White
    05' Gibson Les Paul Classic - Ebony
    USA Jackson SL-2
    USA Jackson SL-1
    Peavey Valveking ii 20MH
    Marshall 1965A 4x10
    Marshall 1960AV 4x12

The RR5 is a great guitar for it's price range. Bought the RR5 Ivory/black pinstrips last year,( lacked a floyd) traded it in for a RR24 (lacked a neck pup) just traded THAT one for an RR5-FR Bullseye (will be here in a couple for weeks) that Jackson finely got it! Remember, these are just my opinions on the RR5 stop-tail and the RR24, great guitars, but in both of those model's (functions where just missing) I like Floyds and neck pups..........
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

I chose the RR24 for the ebony board, EMG 81 and OFR. I think if I were to get another Rhoads, and stay in that price range, I'd go for a KBR in black w/green bevels. TBH, I'd rather just save up and get an RR1.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by 777 View Post
        The RR5 is a great guitar for it's price range. Bought the RR5 Ivory/black pinstrips last year,( lacked a floyd) traded it in for a RR24 (lacked a neck pup) just traded THAT one for an RR5-FR Bullseye (will be here in a couple for weeks) that Jackson finely got it! Remember, these are just my opinions on the RR5 stop-tail and the RR24, great guitars, but in both of those model's (functions where just missing) I like Floyds and neck pups..........
        Wait. You bought the RR24 and RR5 KNOWING they didn't have a Floyd/neck pup. If you wanted a guitar with both, why didn't you just buy one like that instead of making the same mistake, essentially, twice? That has to be one of the most bizarre things I've read on here. "I like guitars with Floyds and neck pickups, so I bought first, a guitar with no Floyd, sold it, bought a guitar with no neck pickup, NOW I finally bought a guitar with both so JACKSON FINALLY GOT IT RIGHT?"
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

cuz maybe he wanted a Rhoads more than he wanted either of those two things?

the RR5FR Bullseye is killer, but honestly, i wish I would have gotten the pink one for the store instead of the Beye... I thought it would look goofy, but in person, its AWESOME..

Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

The White RR24M is the coolest current production MIJ Jackson. Still needs a neck pickup, but hey nobody is perfect.

Speaking purely from a playability standpoint, though, the SLSMG kills the RR5. Those things are smokin

Comment

I've had my RR5 for a couple of years now. I like it a lot.

Comment

i loved mine but sold it for a model 6 that I sold for a gunslinger.
                For the price range I myslef am going for a new san dimas charvel.

Comment

Did anyone see this RR5 at DrumCity?

http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/dr...-P1965C20.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                    Wait. You bought the RR24 and RR5 KNOWING they didn't have a Floyd/neck pup. If you wanted a guitar with both, why didn't you just buy one like that instead of making the same mistake, essentially, twice? That has to be one of the most bizarre things I've read on here. "I like guitars with Floyds and neck pickups, so I bought first, a guitar with no Floyd, sold it, bought a guitar with no neck pickup, NOW I finally bought a guitar with both so JACKSON FINALLY GOT IT RIGHT?"

Because that's the answer you get when you type DRUNK.............
                    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonite View Post
                      cuz maybe he wanted a Rhoads more than he wanted either of those two things?
                      I just don't want to buy a RR1 and take a beating on the trade-in value (dont keep guitars very long). Yes, I'd rather have a matching headstock over MOP and binding anyday of the week! Now I hope that the two of you's can get to sleep tonight knowing why I trade my RRs in. Because Jackson didnt make an RR5-FR for the last two years..........

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonite View Post
                        the RR5FR Bullseye is killer, but honestly, i wish I would have gotten the pink one for the store instead of the Beye... I thought it would look goofy, but in person, its AWESOME..

I'm gonna order my pink RR5FR as soon as I get the funds. They look so awe-inspiringly amazing.
                        "Dear Dr. Bill,
                        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I just bought a RR5 Saturday to replace my 1985 one that like a bonehead, I sold in 1989... Its as good as the original one I had and plays better. I can't tell the difference between my 1984 soloist and the new RR5 as far as feel. The workmenship is better then the Jacksons I had in the late 80s if that helps you at all. Buy it! You wont be disappointed.

Laars....

Comment

Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
                            Did anyone see this RR5 at DrumCity?

http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/dr...-P1965C20.aspx
                            this is one of the new production colours
                            Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                            Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Working...
                            X