Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP: GROVER JACKSON RR Rev Head Question and serial check.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP: GROVER JACKSON RR Rev Head Question and serial check.

I'm about to buy a Grover Jackson RR Reversed Headstock! It is a nice deal considering it has those old EMG pups (logo erased due to use), OFR, 24 frets and a rev head with neck binding. But I saw the plate and it is a Jackson chrome (like the ones you see in a DX10d or a RX10D) with a serial number starting with 0.

Is it made in Japan? The serial is 04101184. Or is it a mutt with a non original neckplate and a different body and neck?

I would really appreciate everyone's help! Thanks!

Here are the pics to help you out:

As far as I know, all Grover Jacksons were made in Japan, except for those that say "Made in USA" on the headstock.

Hope this helps,
    QR
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

but the neckplate is kinda weird don't you think?

Comment

Something's fishy about that control cavity - wrong shape, and those huge screws.

Looks like a real GJ neck on a Chinese fake body to me, though I have not seen any recent GJs in person.

I'd have to see the neck pocket stamp before I bought it.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I think it's a Dinky DKGJ-80 neck. Questionable 24 fret neck too. So this a mutt. Nothing's written on the neck pocket. I checked.
          Last edited by Mass Defect; 07-02-2008, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Should wait to see what Nazgule says.

Comment

Working...
            X