Rr3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rr3?

hey sorta new to the forums -been lurking for awhile-would like a bit of info on what i believe is an rr3 -serial # 9661114

is it a 1996 model?

what woods are used?

any other info would be appreciated

thanks

Toby Mask

would also love to see pics of any death angels, guitars or basses -i know i seen a white 5 string bass somewhere on the net at some point-tell me i wasnt dreaming

Umm, I think that would be like an '04 or '05 or something around there because my '06 DK2 is 977XXXX though I'm more than likely wrong.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Ben is actually right. You can't read the year or model out of the japanese bolt-on serials. The only thing it tells you is that it was made in Japan (seven digits with a leading "9"). Besides, the RR-3 didn't exist until 1997.

RR-3s with chrome or satin chrome hardware were made prior to July(?) 2006. Those with black hardware and real Duncans were made after the summer of 2006, and also feature a harder trem baseplate.

I could "guesstimate" the year of production, but I'm not at home right now, so I can't check it against my list of import serials. But if you want to find out for sure when a japanese bolt-on Jackson was made; just take the neck off and read the stamps.

Comment

Alder body with flamed maple top under transparent finishes

• UNBOUND Compound-radius rosewood fretboard
        • MOTO (Plastic) Sharkfin inlays
        • 25-1/2" scale
        • 22 jumbo frets
        • 1-11/16" nut width
        • Floyd Rose-licensed double-locking tremolo
        • Volume, volume, tone, three-way
        “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

Wait, so I was right? Yay!!! The easiest way for us to help you is if you tell us what the hardware is coloured, as previously stated. But yes, I believe it to be an '05 model because most '06's I've seen mainly are 97XXXXX and most '07's I've seen are either super high numbered 97XXXXX or low 98XXXXX. This is all speculation of course.
          "Dear Dr. Bill,
          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

cool

it does have the satin chrome hardware

thanks for all the info

Comment

I looked it up now, but that serial is right in a span where I have many uncertain entries, so I can't tell you when it was made. The only thing I can say, is that it was probably made sometime between 2000-2002.

According to my list, the serials rolled over to 97xxxxx in 2003, and to 98xxxxx in 2006 (prior to the upgrade).

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                According to my list, the serials rolled over to 97xxxxx in 2003, and to 98xxxxx in 2006 (prior to the upgrade).
                Wrong on the 98XXXXX thing being prior to the upgrade. My post-upgrade DK2 has 977XXXX along with all the imports that arrived at the same time as it( January 2nd '07) because I tried them all before picking it and they all had 97XXXXX.
                "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

Well, I have a record entry of a pre-upgrade DKMG with a 98xxxxx serial. But this proves that the serials are far from perfectly chronological, and that the only sure-fire way to date a japanese bolt-on is taking the neck off.

Comment

Working...
                  X