new jackson models i would love to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new jackson models i would love to see

hey everyone, this is my first post so here goes, i've always wanted to see certain jackson models pop up, maybe in time they will so here is my ideal new jackson release line up

1. A reversed headstock soloist with an oiled neck, alder body, maple neck, one or two hum or even one hum 2 singles, duncan or emg pickups, floyd,24 frets, sharkfin inlays

2. a guitar reminicent of the old dinky ex, alder body, maple neck, pickguard, dot inlays, one hum 2 sin, duncan pickups, 24 frets

3. the return of the rhodes extreme as played by danny spitz of anthrax( think i spelled his name right i hope )

4. a rerelease of the deamon that would be sweet

and on the pro side i would bring back the old set up
    1. custom- which include, ebony fretboards, duncan pickups, real floyds, pearl sharkfins msrp $1499
    2. xl- rosewood fretboards, duncan pickups, scaller floyds sharkfin inlays
    $1299
    3. standard- rosewood fretboards dot inlays, 580lp floyd licenced bridge, duncan design or emg hz pickups $1099

and lower the price of the xl and student models, make it easier for starting players to aquire a good product

let me know what you guys think, more to come

Sorry, those older Pros with the USA features almost destroyed Jackson, so you'll not see that again.

$1300 for a rosewood boarded neckthrough is pushing it, as is $1000 with dot inlays.

However, a reverse-headstock Soloist might actually sell enough, but then again, production models usually come from Custom Shop orders, and there may not actually be enough of those to warrant a production revhead SL, or any other model for that matter.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by guitarnut1980 View Post
      3. the return of the rhodes extreme as played by danny spitz of anthrax( think i spelled his name right i hope )
      The XTRR (Extreme Rhoads) was different than what Dan Spitz played. Dan's were essentially known as a Dinky Rhoads with standard headstock and reverse sharkfins. It was basically a Rhoads body with the bevels cut off then rebevelled.

The XTRR had a reverse headstock and the body was just slightly smaller than what Dan played.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

wow

[quote=Newc;1122030]Sorry, those older Pros with the USA features almost destroyed Jackson, so you'll not see that again.

destroyed as in bad quality, or as in better quality then most usa guitars that were put out, im still learning all the history

i wouldn't also mind seeing a rr24 soloist equivilant- one hum 24 frets pro series

Comment

I'd love to see a DK1 with something other than EMGs...
          - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

Reverse Soloists without sharkies - give me dots, leaves, stars or best:no inlays -whatever! I like sharkies on V's for obvious visual symmetry, but they just do not do it for me anymore on the other shapes.

I've been a hairs breadth from ordering a CS to get that. Too bad I have enough nice guitars. Blasphemy, I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              Sorry, those older Pros with the USA features almost destroyed Jackson, so you'll not see that again.
              No, they almost destroyed the USA Select series, and rightfully so. Jackson was making a NICE profit off of those Pro series guitars.
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

im with gryphonguitars, i wanna duncan loaded dk1
                dk-1 pile of skulls
                dk-2m white
                dkmg- black forest
                rr-1 black w/gold pins
                charvel custom white w/bloodsplatter strat
                p.o.s. randall halfstack
                peavey 5150

Comment

My typical whine/wish is that they lose the crap MOTO inlays and use real pearl or abalone again, at least on the $1000~ imports. I think the Demmel V is awesome, but the inlays look cheap.

Other than that, I'd like to see more ash bodies (with trans tops or satin finishes), reverse headstocks, and a Fender-style hardtail bridge here and there. Maybe some DiMarzio pickups from the factory too.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X