Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new RR5

Hi guys,
    I was in my local music store Saturday, and ended up coming home with this new Jackson RR5. I had a Randy Rhoads back in 1985 but like a dummy, I sold it. In all honesty, this one plays better and the tone from the wood is better. I'm thinking the old one must of had poplar wings, this one has alder wings. I also played an RR1T that was $1000.00 more, and this one had a better neck on it. I'm thinking about going back and buying the RR5 in natural that they had right next too it. These ones from Japan are great.......

Very nice

Comment

Luckily I was prepared to see those beautiful pictures, otherwise I might have drooled on my keyboard! I love those Ivory RR5s, I've definately got one on the 'guitars I will get around to buying someday' list.
      I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

RR5's kick ass.
        I just wish they were more balanced.

Comment

Thanks Guys.
          It blows my mind that these guitars are not as popular as they were when I played them back in the 80s.... I had six Jacksons back then, and I only kept my 1984 sparkle red Soloist. What I wouldnt do to have those back.....

Comment

I have a black one. Great guitars. Congrats!!

Comment

It was my ivory RR5 that sold me on J/C guitars. Excellent guitars!

Comment

Originally posted by Model1VH2 View Post
                RR5's kick ass.
                I just wish they were more balanced.

Yes they do, and you just need a 3" strap! no problems...........
                "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Working...
                X