Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't my Stealth EX say "Performer" on the headstock??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't my Stealth EX say "Performer" on the headstock??

First off, this forum kicks all kinds of ass!

But my question was:

I bought a Stealth EX Lefty with the first two digits of the serial number reading 94.... I assume that means it was built in 94'

The headstock doesn't say anything but "Jackson" on it. The truss rod cover has "Stealth EX" on it though. The catalogs i've came across around 93'-96' all have "Performer" or "Professional" on the Stealth EX headstocks. Just curious on why mine doesn't.

Thanks.
    Last edited by DeathThrashAttack; 07-18-2008, 11:15 AM.
    "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

That is not what that means. How many numbers are in it?
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

The Stealth EX is from the Professional line. Are you sure the guitar is actually a Stealth? Lots of guitars end up with the wrong truss rod cover. I had an EX (well, all the parts for one) that had offset mini-dot inlays and the Professional logo, with 22 frets. A picture would help us figure out what you have.
      sigpic

Comment

It is a '94. My Dinky HX was made only in '94, and its serial number starts out 94xxxxx. Back then, they did use the first digits for the year.

Anyway, no clue why it doesn't say Performer or Professional on the headstock. Maybe somebody changed the neck or it's got the wrong truss rod cover?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

the serial number is 9415460. It has the offset inlays and h/s/s. pics up soon once the batteries charge.

So, if its made in 94, the only left handed non-USA models that were being made was the Stealth's?

thanks for the help, hopefully you guys can help me out some more once i post pictures.
          "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

gotta shine up the fretboard

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

The ghay skull inlays are not original.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

haha, yeah, the previous owner left this guitar for his kid or something, the fret board is dirty as hell and has these sticker inlays i'm gonna take off. i've only had this guitar for a day.

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

might have something to do with the fact that it's a lefty...where would you put professional on that headstock without it cluttering it up?...d.m.

*edit for a link*

http://www.pksmusic.com.au/showProduct/JEB2
                  Last edited by diablomozart; 07-18-2008, 07:34 PM.
                  http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

i don't know, but i have a PS-7 that doesn't say preformer on the headstock - just jackson.
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

That entire guitar was built backurds!

Nice axe man.
                      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                      --floydkramer

Comment

that has to be it, its a lefty and would look kinda stupid with professional before Jackson.

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

You know I never thought about the logo thing but that sounds plausable.
                          The logos on the pickups looks weird too.Cool guitar none the less.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                          X