jackson noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson noob

yo guys. i have been a ibanez guy for a long time, but thanks to dave mustaine i have had major gas for a king v for about 2 months now. i have decided to get one in a couple months. i like the X Series KVX10. ill probably have by september. i have 3 guitars a js100 a rg320 and a epi lp standard plus top. i know that they arent the greatest axes on the market but they fit my skill set, unfortunately. just curious how that KVX10 stands up to that kind of guitars. i have been told that it is Japanese. all comments are welcome. so now i dive into the world of jackson!
    Maybe the dingo at your baby?

hey congrats on thinking about a jackson guitar , you're in the right place.There are as many opinions (on guitars ) as there are people here.

so my thoughts

every japaneese import from jackson that I've played - has been a good guitar for the money.You may need to make a few adjustments to fit your liking.

I've never played a kvx10 , however kv3's or (more epensive american)kv2's , are very nicely playing guitars.

good luck
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

thanks. ive played them too but i cant spend tuition money on my addictive habits.

Comment

mastershake ,

I don't know how you feel about used stuff ,there's some good deals to be had (sometimes)

used @ gc - kv3 black 299 http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgea...stId=104702936

good luck
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I have a stupidly rediculous amount of cash in my gear collection. If the gear were to match the playing skill, I'd still be play my Aria Pro II through my Gorilla

Originally posted by mastershake View Post
          thanks. ive played them too but i cant spend tuition money on my addictive habits.
          LOL! My first guitar and amp (the Aria and Gorilla) were purchased with my tuition money back in 1985. See where it got me?

Comment

all my guitars are used. but ive never delt with gc online.

Comment

and i wont have the money for about 2 months anyway. but i do appreciate it.

Comment

whats the best pickup to put in the bridge? ive heard that the sh-4 was pretty good. ive always been a dimarzio guy, but id like to try a seymour duncan. ive played the evo, the mojoe, and the x2n. i would like something hot enough to play all the metal i can handle but i dont want active.

Comment

yo guys. i have been a ibanez guy for a long time, but thanks to dave mustaine i have had major gas for a king v for about 2 months now. i have decided to get one in a couple months. i like the X Series KVX10. ill probably have by september. i have 3 guitars a js100 a rg320 and a epi lp standard plus top. i know that they arent the greatest axes on the market but they fit my skill set, unfortunately. just curious how that KVX10 stands up to that kind of guitars. i have been told that it is Japanese. all comments are welcome. so now i dive into the world of jackson!
                  As far as Japanese Jackson , my RR24 is absolutely flawless...so good I bought 2
                  Sixxpm

Comment

whats the best pickup to put in the bridge? ive heard that the sh-4 was pretty good. ive always been a dimarzio guy, but id like to try a seymour duncan. ive played the evo, the mojoe, and the x2n. i would like something hot enough to play all the metal i can handle but i dont want active.
                    I don't think any Duncan can match the Evo or X2N, but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will suggest one
                    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                      I don't think any Duncan can match the Evo or X2N, but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will suggest one
                      EMG 81...for anything metal that is the babe!!!

Comment

I get great results with the TB-4 in my SL2H.

Comment

whats the difference between the sh-4 and the tb-4?

Comment

the poles on a TB-4 are spaced wider to sit more directly under the strings on a trem-equipped guitar. Otherwise, they're the same.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

so its like f spaced?

Comment

Working...
                              X