Clear All

• 87' jackson

How much is this worth? http://detroit.craigslist.org/msg/773005482.html
    EVh Wolfgang/frankenstein pup
    1959Epiphone les paul
    george L cables
    mxr pedals
    Engl fireball 100

It shure looks great but be careful, I can't tell if its legit or a mut from those pics (they are too small, and I m to that good jajaja).
    The serial number seems odd though. Not shure maybe someone else can help you SORRY !
    sigpicPlayForFun

Comment

I

I wrote him...and got a better pic of the headstock. He says its a custom shop order, but it only says "Jackson" on the headstock....no "Made in USA"

It also says "Jackson" on the 12th fret inlay.

I'm wondering if its a Sam Ash special, or something of that nature...

Comment

Well, if it's Custom Shop, it's not an Import. Secondly, the 12th fret inlay looks like the one from the Limited Edition bluejean or whatever it was, but it doesn't match that body IIRC.

Probably a neck swap, but still nice.

Lightning Sky isn't that impressive, so I'd say about $600-$750 depending on condition.

[edit] looks like you got it in under the wire
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Parts guitar.
          The heal cutaway makes me believe the body was made after 89.
          The neck looks like it came off of an 88 Limited and the trem is a JT-590, not available in 1987.
          Run away or make an offer based on this fact.
          -Rick

Comment

The neck didn't come off of an '88 LTD. That was my first thought as well, but I went & looked in the gallery and they have offset dots except for at the 24th fret. That type of 12th fret inlay could be used any time somebody wanted some text in the inlay. It could be an '89 Custom and they just have the year wrong, but I'd want to see it & check it out thoroughly.

-edit- here's an '88 LTD for comparison:

Last edited by dg; 07-30-2008, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Ahh yes... I forgot about the offset dots on the 88.
              -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                The neck didn't come off of an '88 LTD. That was my first thought as well, but I went & looked in the gallery and they have offset dots except for at the 24th fret. That type of 12th fret inlay could be used any time somebody wanted some text in the inlay. It could be an '89 Custom and they just have the year wrong, but I'd want to see it & check it out thoroughly.

-edit- here's an '88 LTD for comparison:

Can I say bad ass!
                EVh Wolfgang/frankenstein pup
                1959Epiphone les paul
                george L cables
                mxr pedals
                Engl fireball 100

Comment

Working...
                X