i cant believe i just........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i cant believe i just........

bought a rr pro off ebay for $999. probably paid more than i should have but just the other day there was one for $650 and i missed it. i was so mad that when i saw this one i was like F**k it i'm gettin it. what do you guys think? good deal/ok deal/im an idiot

i wasnt sure if this belonged in efraid or here. hope i chose correctly
    Last edited by jdr94; 07-30-2008, 06:38 PM.

Sweet!! Not sure how you did price wise, but she's in great shape.

Comment

That looks like it's in really good shape. Yeah you might have overpayed a little, but you're certainly not an idiot. Just be aware that if you turn around and sell it, you're unlikely to get even close to $999 for it. If I were you, I'd change those ugly-ass knobs to the proper ones when you get it.

Black RRs are fucking metal!!
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Seller is a member here. If I were serious about buying it, I would have shot him a pm and asked if there was any wiggle room.

They are great guitars though. I hope you enjoy it.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

very nice!
          Maybe the dingo at your baby?

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
            Seller is a member here. If I were serious about buying it, I would have shot him a pm and asked if there was any wiggle room.

They are great guitars though. I hope you enjoy it.
            yeah wish i had known. he probably even said who he was in the who's who of ebay thread that i posted.

like you said theyre great guitars and i will definitly enjoy it!!

and zeegler im gonna change the knobs....they are ugly arent they

Comment

That's a well made guitar. Worth every cent you paid.

Lately I've seen those go for well over 1K on Ebay. People seem to be willing to pay that for them lately.

Comment

Grats!
                Looks to be in great shape dude
                I don't hate the knobs, kinda looks cool, the floor shot is sexeh

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                  Lately I've seen those go for well over 1K on Ebay. People seem to be willing to pay that for them lately.
                  +1

Comment

yeah, i was looking at it, but passed it up because i thought it was over priced.

Comment

Value is subjective. That guitar might be worth $1,500 to someone who just has to have it, whereas, to someone who likes Strats, not so much.

Plus, market values fluctuate enormously. A couple of years back, I picked up an electric blue USA RR for $950. At the time, even that was only considered an OK deal. At the time, RR Pros were going for $500-600.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Well, it is a beautiful guitar.

Comment

I don't really see any reason to pay less for a real Pro like this than a USA model.

Comment

yeah and i guess i should mention the seller was really cool and worked with me so i could get some time to raise the funds.

Comment

And don't forget, Daniel, you buy the seller, not the guitar. With me, there's no bs, this one is a straight up tone monster and I described it completely accurately. Plus, I worked you out a cool payment option that most sellers would have held their nose up to. So it'll be cool in the end. For what it's worth, I listed this same exact guitar a month ago and got a buyer for $1300, but he flaked on me after the auction. So yes, some people are willing to go over the G mark on these...
                              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                              Gotta get away from here.
                              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                              X