No announcement yet.

Dk2M Trans Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just gonna buy it some time soon from my local store. They had a sale not too long ago, buy a new Jackson Pro guitar and you get a $100 gift certificate! Gonna wait for that sale to come again. I could get a nice harshell case with that money hehe.
    Last edited by steel8909; 08-12-2008, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Well thats a good idea if you can get a case too plus you can try it out pics when/if you get it!

Comment

^ Ya but I'll probly have to wait until june, they have big sales every june. Maybe they'll have a good christmas sale if I'm lucky.

Comment

Or, you could just try to negotiate for one now rather than waiting. Do what I do, show up at the store with cash in hand and make an offer that's about 25% less than what they're asking, and then negotiate from there. Most places wont turn down a reasonable deal if the buyer has cash in hand. Chances are you'll get both the case and the guitar for 10 to 15% under the asking price, (excluding tax), when all is said and done.

It doesn't hurt to try, the worst that can happen is they say no, right?

-Steve
          Guitars:
          '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
          '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
          '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
          Amp:
          VOX AD30VT

Comment

Well I know for a fact that you cannot haggle there From expericence the best I can probly do is get a new cable lol

Comment

Originally posted by steel8909 View Post
              Well I know for a fact that you cannot haggle there From expericence the best I can probly do is get a new cable lol

Eh, I'd try anyway. Money talks, and nothing screams louder than a big wad of cash. You've got the money to spend, ala you're the one in control. The worst they can say is no, and you can take your money elsewhere or wait for another sale to come around.

I went with a buddy to a dump in Jersey called Rondo Music to help him pick out a guitar. My buddy made a reasonable offer for the guitar + case that he wanted, but the manager wouldn't even speak to us, he just kept having his employee tell us "we dont haggle, the price is the price". The manager stuck to that line of bullshit until I stopped him outside of his office and put the cash in his hand and asked if he was sure.

In the end my buddy got what he wanted at the price he wanted to pay. But man, I swear I'll never go back to that place. What a total shit hole. Second worst music store I've ever dealt with.

-Steve.
              Guitars:
              '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
              '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
              '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
              Amp:
              VOX AD30VT

Comment

^ lol, well I was thinking of buying a POD X3 too so maybe the'll give in since i'll be spending over $1000.

Also I just noticed that the trans finishes are veneer top. How thick is veneer on the Dinkies vs maple tops o Soloists?

Comment

A veneer cold just be a cover that goes over the body material or it could be some maple with the quilt/flame vaneer over it, I woudlnt go comparing it with the select series tops...

Most of the veneer's on the pro line imports from the last few years i've seen have all looked nice, however they don't look as good when you compare toa guitar with a really thick piece of figured maple...

Comment

Working...
                  X