Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck profile on DK2M / DK2?

Hello,

Could someone tell me what the neck of the current Dinky is like? I know it's a thin neck, but I'm curious about the shape. Is it round or does it flatten out a bit?

Thanks!

The necks are thin and flat , i think they are jacksons thinnest neck profile , very comfortable , my favourite profile is my DK1 which is supposed to have the same profile as a dk2/m

Comment

WTF?

My 2003 DK2 neck is one of the fattest Jackson necks I own. Fatter than a DK1, Fusion, RR1, KellyStar, SL2H...

I'd call it a D shape profile.

I prefer thin necks so this DK2 doesn't get played as much as the others.

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
        The necks are thin and flat , i think they are jacksons thinnest neck profile , very comfortable , my favourite profile is my DK1 which is supposed to have the same profile as a dk2/m
        Thanks. Just to clarify, by "flat," you mean the back contour, right? Not the fretboard radius.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          WTF?

My 2003 DK2 neck is one of the fattest Jackson necks I own. Fatter than a DK1, Fusion, RR1, KellyStar, SL2H...
          Did they change it recently? According to Jackson's website, the DK2/DK2M has a 0.735" thickness at the first fret, which is pretty thin.

Comment

Would the DK2/DK2M have the same neck profile as a Kelly KE3?
            Nathan (Slashrox)

Kramer Pacer Deluxe (1984)
            Fender Stratocaster (2006)
            Jackson PC-1 (2012)
            Kramer Pacer Classic (2013)
            Gibson Les Paul Traditional (2014)

Roland Cube 80gx 1x12 combo
            Fender Supersonic 4x12 cab

Comment

Originally posted by slashrox View Post
              Would the DK2/DK2M have the same neck profile as a Kelly KE3?
              No the ke3 is the thinnest import jackson neck i have ever played which is why i got one from ebay to put on a DXMG
              the DK2 is slightly thicker and i hear the dk2M is the thickest of these three?
              maye someone who owns a dk2 and dk2m can verify this?
              If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Working...
              X