Crimson Swirl...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crimson Swirl...

Why can I never get a good picture of this? (pardon the smudges, it just gets played so often it's rarely worth my time to clean them up as they're back in like 15 minutes)

I think it's the lighting of the house or something, but I can never get a good picture, EVER. The black never shows up well, and the reds run into a blob that looks like bloody puke. Can having a low megapixel camera (2.8 or so IIRC) have an effect on it?

I never really liked the swirls, then I saw them in person. I was like woaaaaah.

Comment

Try natural light (outside), in the evening some time.

Comment

What model is that?

Comment

Dk2t
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Does anyone know how Jackson dose this finish?

Comment

I thought I heard some rumor on here where they spray it black and swirl the red/blue/etc around with cling wrap or something. I know it was likely not an even finish as it has a lot more clear than any comparable Jackson I've played, which is why I'm leaning towards this theory being correct.

And yes it is a DK2T, albeit a lightly modified one. I put a Gibson 498T in the neck and put on Boss DS-1 knobs as a quick fix for ones that kept coming off and never bothered to replace them.

Comment

Do they still make these? I havent been able to find one anywhere online except some UK sites.

Comment

Now if that fretboard was ebony or maple...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackMesa View Post
                    Do they still make these? I havent been able to find one anywhere online except some UK sites.
                    Afaik yes, they just aren't popular. Which is ashame, as I think they are great, but you don't see many. Maybe because they are only a couple years old, but you would think by now you would start seeing them. I think they are just as good as any Schecter, who is really the only company in the price range who sells a super-strat with a string-thru bridge.

I also wish for a maple one, but given they don't sell a lot, I can't see it happening. I also wonder what an ebony board would look like with crimson swirl. Too bad there isn't a USA w/ the swirl finish. I actually like the rosewood though as it has a great, varied grain even if that pic doesn't show it.

Comment

I picked up a mint 2006 DKMG (81/85) with a really a deeper than usual cobalt blue swirl and to be honest everyone who has seen it thinks it's one of the better finishes you can have on a carved top. I love it but you cannot see it properly unless you are in direct sunlight.

PS: Who else (who cannot stump up £2K for a DK1) also thinks the DKMG with 81/85 is just a kickass axe !?

Comment

My Crimson Swirl Jackson

Originally posted by MajorKhaos View Post
                        Now if that fretboard was ebony or maple...
                        Here's my DK2M in that great finish;

http://www.facebook.com/djloverboy

Comment

Working...
                        X