Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guitar - Jackson Stars NASL!

Here’s a story with a happy end:
    I bought a Jackson Stars NASL-J1B used from the german ebay. Not only was the price great, but I also didn’t have to pay any shipping costs, customs or import tax like with when I bought my other Jackson Stars guitars, so this was definitely one of the biggest bargains of my life.
    Here are a some pics (they are from the auction, I still don’t have a camera myself…)

The seller was top notch, he had the most detailed and honest guitar auction ever, every tiny flaw was documented in text and pictures. Check it out, there are also lots more pics there:

However with this one I had my worst DHL experience so far. They didn’t deliver my package yesterday but claimed they did (which I only got to know late in the evening when they finally updated their online trace system). I still haven’t gotten the receipt I would have needed to find and get the package. So this morning I decided to call their customer service. They couldn’t tell me in which post office the package was because apparently their system had just crashed.
    Now, being totally fed up with this shit I went straight to the nearest post office where in the past my packages where stored. Luckily they had it there and I was able to get it even without the receipt card.

Now on to the good part, a first review:

The guitar is just as described in the auction.
    It came upgraded with a graphtech saddle and Tone-pros locking bridge, and the seller even included a new unused Gotoh bridge with the guitar.

Out of the box it had very high action, but a straight neck. So I had to lower the bridge significantly, but it worked without problems and I still get no fretbuzz. After adjusting the intonation it now plays great.

The neck profile seems to be a little different to both of my Jackson Stars Rhoads… although the neck is about the same thickness, it has some more meat to it. Actually it feels a lot like the Charvel 750XL my buddy owns.
    It has the best upper neck access of all my guitars, as the heel is shaped like on a SLSMG (quite a difference to my setneck Soloist Archtop Pro).

The unplugged sound is absolutely awesome, very rich and sparkling.
    The guitar has a JB and ’59 combo, which I’m generally not to fond of, but they sound pretty good in this guitar (better than my DKMGT in which I have the same combo). I will probably replace them soon, either with dual Duncan Distortions or maybe a Custom in the bridge like on my semicustom Rhoads.

In conclusion: Now I know why Newc is so obsessed with these.

Now excuse me while I go play my new guitar...
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

That's beautiful!! Congrats.

Comment

Looks great. The NASL has been on my wish list for a long time now. I love the color of yours. Congrats!
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Outstanding guitar acquisition you have there! Congrats.
        RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
        CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
        Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
        Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Congrats. She's a beaut.

Comment

Uh oh... Now you've done it.... You know who isn't the only NASL owner now. You're life may be in danger, I wouldn't open any un-expected packages any time soon

Awesome!

Man, considering they aren't making these anymore, I should have ordered one of these instead of my Rhoads, .. no, i take that back, though I am sorry I missed out on getting one of these
            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Damn that is Very nice, very elegant, nice score, love the neck and inlay and binding, hell everything about it is purty, Grats!

Comment

wow that's a beautiful guitar.
                congrats, you don't see those all that often, nice grab
                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Thank you all!

Right now I can't even walk past it without stopping, staring at it for at least 20 seconds, then collecting my chin from the floor.

Comment

My onboard graphics are fucked. Is that violin brown burst or trans red?
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

It is violin brown sunburst.

Comment

Wow... never saw something like that... looks great... Interesting headstock

Comment

great looking axe.
                          shit... really great looking axe.
                          congrats!
                          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                          --floydkramer

Comment

BEAUTIFUL!!

Lemme know if you ever get rid of it for any reason at all, and for any price.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Beautiful guitar.
                              Gibson SG Standard
                              Jackson DK2M Dinky
                              Silvertone S615 Acoustic from the 60's
                              Roland Micro Cube
                              Marshall MG100DFX

Comment

Working...
                              X