Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2m question. . .

Hey y'all!

I've been gassing for a white DK2m to complement my black DKMG for quite a while and am finally getting around to getting it.

I've been messing around with electronics lately and have grand plans for the DK2m when it comes my way - I want to install a super 5-way and, if possible, 7 mini-toggles.

From the pictures I've seen on the net, its electronics cavity seems to be the same size as the DKMG, except it doesn't have active electronics (so no battery) and it has one less pot. So it seems there's enough room, I just wanted to make sure.

Does anyone know how big the cavity is or can someone measure theirs out?

Cheers in advance!

Joe

7 toggles???!?!!??

Might I suggest a guitar with a scratchplate, or perhaps a sharp blow to the head?
    Why so serious?

Comment

Just curious...what would you need a super 5-way and 7 toggles for? The 5-way covers your coil taps...then if you did phase and on/offs that's still only 4 toggles.
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
        Just curious...what would you need a super 5-way and 7 toggles for? The 5-way covers your coil taps...then if you did phase and on/offs that's still only 4 toggles.

Appropriate that for humbuckers (I've done it twice, with a p/p pot for the coil tap) - but leave out the p/p pots - and you've got a nice selection of wirings for the pups as a whole.

For each pup to control the sound before the pup selector comes into play

And a killswitch for each pup as well as an over-all killswitch.

It sounds like a bunch of work for practically nothing, but I think it'll be fun and I want the experience - as well as a guitar with around 40 different tones. . .

If the cavity in the DK2m is anywhere near the size of the one in the DKMG, then I should be fine (with a little strategic placement and economic wiring)

Whaddaya think?

---Edit---
        I have got these plans checked out by Deaf Eddie himself, and he said it should work fine, albeit some of the tones will be subtle shades of others. Oh well. 35+ minimum different tones. Can't beat it.

I also wanted to try and fit concentric pots into the fray so I can have dedicated volume/tone knobs, that would be even better!
        Last edited by thearabianmage; 08-21-2008, 05:09 PM.

Comment

I have a DK2T and a DK2M's and they both seem the same size to me. I havent actually measured it so, not 100% positive. I also used to own a DKMGT a year ago and I think it had the same size cavity as the DK2T. Hope that helps.
          Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
            I have a DK2T and a DK2M's and they both seem the same size to me. I havent actually measured it so, not 100% positive. I also used to own a DKMGT a year ago and I think it had the same size cavity as the DK2T. Hope that helps.
            It does, indeed

Cheers

Comment

I've owned both, but neither now. From what I recall the cavity on the DKMG was the same size, but had an extra slot for the battery. I could be wrong, but I don't think so...

Comment

Working...
              X