Bought Myself a SLS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought Myself a SLS3

hi guys,im just back from hong kong,where i bought my beloved SLS3.
    pics will be coming soon,so ill give you some specs and some weird stuff i found.
    it has a serial number,i thought only USA and old Pro series has Serials?
    it has the same inlays as the USA SLS,or the MM1 inlays for that matter.
    it has Zebra duncans,and the finish is green swirl, the headstock is of course 3+3.

does anyone know what wood is the body and can give me some technical specs? i cant find em anywhere...

Thanks

Never heard of such a guitar. Will have to see the pics, but it doesn't sound like anything that has ever been available in the US . . .
    sigpic

Comment

Given you bought it in Hong Kong and the weird name/specs, I would be a little concerned of the authenticity. Can't wait for pictures though!

All Jacksons have serials, so that is correct. AFAIK, there is not a USA production SLS, unless you mean the Pros or a Custom. The inlays are also different on the SLSMG and the MM1. Never heard of a green swirl, though that should be interesting to see as well.

Comment

Bought it in the biggest hong kong retailer for music,Tom Lee,and in the main showroom even.
        im talking about the models on all of the usa SLS you see popping once a while,they have the same inlays as the MM1,im talking about the MOP block with a little bit of abalone in the middle of it.
        i think ill get the pics about monday or something,try to get em by tomorrow

Comment

Niiice. Congrats

Comment

Looks very starange, I never seen anything like that in europe...

Is it necthru?

Comment

Beautiful guitar. Congrats.

Comment

That is different for sure....not sure if I like the swirl, but its YOURS, so congrats!

Comment

I would guess it's a limited run based on the SLSMG.
                  It's not uncommon for dealers to order their own models, and these don't end up in any catalogues. Sam Ash's import arch-topped "SL2H" is a prime example. Your best bet for finding info, is talking to the dealer you bought it from.

Sweet axe for sure though!
                  Congrats!
                  Last edited by Sunbane; 08-30-2008, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Not a fan of the swirl paint job, but that is a SWEET guitar. Pity they don't sell `em here.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RandomFan View Post
                      they have the same inlays as the MM1,im talking about the MOP block with a little bit of abalone in the middle of it.
                      The MM1 has real abalone "sharkeye" in the middle, but the shark fins around it are not MOP. They're the plastic MOTO.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Very cool! I've been wanting to see pics of the green swirl SLSMG that heard Jackson was going to make. Very nice score.

And for everyone else, Tom Lee is a huge music store in Hong Kong. I wouldn't question the authenticity. They actually have a huge variety of very nice guitars... Jackson, ESP, Fender, Gibson, PRS, Dean, Ibanez, and a lot of higher end stuff, not just the starting level.

Comment

whats weird that they had it also in black and satin black,so i guess ts not a limited run.

and yes,tom lee is huge,they have everything all the way from PRS private stock and Fender Master builders stuff,through custom Gibsons(tons of quilt top SGs) and its pretty cool place to be in.

Comment

Yeah, I read about those in this thread: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78978

I've been waiting to see one in person as I've got a thing for green guitars and I've always liked the Crimson Swirl...

Comment

Working...
                            X