Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please show your Mortons!

hi there!
    Ive been thinking of getting a Morton for quite a while now, but i have never seen one IRL, and they are quite hard to find any pitures of them that isn't a manufacter picture, so please poast your ones here!
    Tell me about it!

Shot of Bourbon(burst)

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Here's mine, Old School Burst. The flash made it look a little washed out in the first pic.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Here's mine in Wine Drunk. It's one of the first and I enjoy it every bit as much now as I did when it first arrived.

Comment

I kinda like the no-inlay primer version, but hate the satin hardware. I guess I'd suffer with the inlays for the riverbed finish & chrome hardware. MHO.
          |My CSG gallery|
          (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

I too have been on the fence about snagging 1 of these Dominions, what is the neck profile like compared to a soloist dinky etc??

& how are you liking the pups it has??? I find myself yanking Duncans & throwing EMG's in everything these days....
            “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

Those are cool guitars. What's the neck like?
              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
                I kinda like the no-inlay primer version, but hate the satin hardware. I guess I'd suffer with the inlays for the riverbed finish & chrome hardware. MHO.
                So, put some black hardware on it.

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.C View Post
                  I too have been on the fence about snagging 1 of these Dominions, what is the neck profile like compared to a soloist dinky etc??

& how are you liking the pups it has??? I find myself yanking Duncans & throwing EMG's in everything these days....
                  Neck is thicker. Seems similar to the D-shape profile of the "speed neck" on the KV2, just a bit thicker. It's the thickest neck profile Jackson has, but it's not uncomfortable.

I love EMGs, but I like the '59s in this guitar and don't think I'll be changing them. If you're used to more gain and compression of the EMGs, you probably won't dig them too much and have to turn up the gain on your amp more or use an OD pedal.
                  If I ever were to go with EMGs in this guitar, I'd get a set of 89s so I can still use the switches for the splitting option.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I toyed with the idea of replacing the bridge pup with something hotter, but decided the more organic growl of the stocker worked just fine for this guitar.

Comment

Working...
                    X