Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Fusion Pro

Hi there

Ne 1 familiar with the Fusion series? Mine is the 1990 Professional model. I've recently added the Dimebuckers on her and would like to update the other 2 coils. What should I go with?

Buget: $600

Help me make a monster out of this thing a beauty!

Thanks <LeaD>

Depends on what sound you are going for?
    You could go all Seymour Duncan throughout and get a 'Cool Rails' middle and a Hot Rails' neck.

Or maybe 2 DiMarzio SDS's for the neck + middle? There's a few more DiMarzio's that are good also, but I forget which ones? Might be the 'Fast Track 1' or 'Fast Track 2', or the 'Chopper'

Output is one factor, and also Volume drop when switching from the Dimebucker (which is a hot pickup) to the middle or neck is another thing to consider.

I don't use neck pickups, and it's been a long time since I have, so Im not gonna be much help to you. Maybe someone else who does, can give you a better idea.
    I think either DiMarzio or Seymour Duncan has a thing on ther web that will suggest a pickup for you based on the bridge pickup you chose.
    If DiMarzio's site does in fact do this,(pretty sure it does) they probably will not have the Dimebucker listed as one of your options.

Good Luck man, I'm sure someone here will help you better than me.
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Thanks man, The SD Cool and Hot looks very good. I'll post pictures when its done.

Comment

Working...
      X