New Guitar Day: DR7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guitar Day: DR7

Got this in today. Only had a minute to noodle and take one pic before heading out for werk.

Appears to be made in India (8-digit 00 serial).

Definitely NOT a P.O.S. import from what I can tell so far, though I may have to replace the bridge (kinda pitted).

And yes, that's a real Invader in the bridge. Sounds ok through my Roland MicroCube. Decent clean tone, which surprised me - I figured the Invader was too high-output for cleans, especially in the bridge.

Also, it might be an illusion created by the width of the neck, but it feels like a KV profile like my WR7 was. It's way thin.

Lastly, the string spacing feels different than the DR7T I used to have - I can fret the B and E at the first fret with my index without even trying.

Anyhoo, for the price (under $200), I couldn't pass it up. Wish I hadn't sold my WR7 now

I'll have to replace the jack as well - it's dented, which makes it hard to push the plug in.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

I'm not a 7 string guy ,but it looks like a nice guitar .........congrats
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

hey man! can you post a shot of the neck plate area? I just want to see if they used regular sized neck plates in those just like the COW7.

Comment

I have a DR7T and a DX7 - the price was right, and they aren't that bad...looking to drop EMG 707's in them...
        Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

As far as I can tell, it's a regular-sized neckplate, just with no gasket.

And being Indian and fairly recent, I guess this would be the DX7, correct?
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

And being Indian and fairly recent, I guess this would be the DX7, correct?
            The DX7's have chrome hardware, the Japanese-made DR7's have the satin nickel...looks like yours is a DX7 from the pics...
            Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Matt, do me a favor and take a REAL good look at the fret ends and see if theyre starting to lift at all. The only two Ive had my hands on so far have been and they have both been mint condition guitars too.
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                Gasket? Is that the plastic underneath the neckplate? Can I have a pic pretty please? I have a DX7 body lying around and I don't know what to do with it. Really would appreciate your help.

Comment

Both of mine had a gasket, and yes theyre just regular sized neckplates.
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
                  X