kelly pro reverse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kelly pro reverse?

does anyone know if they ever made a kelly pro reverse? i was looking around and found one and am wondering if its legit, i only have one picture of it right now, but i did email for more pics and the s/n.
    heres the pic:

I'm a huge kelly fan - that being said , I don't know.
    ToeJam knows.
    I like the fully bound neck , I don't know what the asking price is.
    However ke3's are pretty reasonable (especially used), I know those kick ass.
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I'm just about 100 percent positive that the neck above is bolted on.

The kelly Pro was only made in 1995, and did not have a reverse headstock.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
        I'm a huge kelly fan - that being said , I don't know.
        ToeJam knows.
        I do know. I had one of those. It's a Kelly XLR. Bound rosewood fingerboard with reverse sharkfins and headstock, bolt-on neck with no neck plate. The regular Kelly XL had standard sharks and headstock.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
          The kelly Pro was only made in 1995, and did not have a reverse headstock.
          It also had a tone knob as well as being neck-thru with an ebony board.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            I do know. I had one of those. It's a Kelly XLR. Bound rosewood fingerboard with reverse sharkfins and headstock, bolt-on neck with no neck plate. The regular Kelly XL had standard sharks and headstock.
            but doesnt the kelly xlr have bound headstock too?

edit- oh wait i see the bound headstock now. at first glance it didnt look bound.
            Last edited by jdr94; 09-04-2008, 09:33 PM.

Comment

I thought it did. Looks like it is in the pic.

Comment

i cant believe it. i've been lookin for one for years. i finally got a line on one (thanks to jcf classifieds) and bloodlust just comes across one. you lucky sob. those are great guitars! buy it!

Comment

Isnt there a KE3R? with those same specs? I couldve sworn ive seen 1 or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                    Isnt there a KE3R? with those same specs? I couldve sworn ive seen 1 or 2.
                    The KE3 and KE3R didn't have binding.

Comment

I apologize for lo res - Toe , what do we have here?

Comment

I would say that black one above is a about a 2005/6 KE3 with swapped out pups.
                        Gil

Comment

Hmm. It has binding, so it's not a KE3, and a Kelly XL would have Professional on the headstock. Maybe some weird overseas model? I'm stumped.

Comment

Perhaps it's a Ke3 with a swapped out neck? Looks like it has a couple other mods done to it so maybe they were thinking "Heck, while I got all this other stuff off I'll throw on this extra bound neck I have"...

Okay, I have no clue about any of this so I'll just let people who actually know answer instead...
                            "Dear Dr. Bill,
                            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

it's a franken'bitch ;but still pretty cool.
                              emg 81/85 - I'm getting ready to route for 18volt mod and add afterburner , maybe spc !!

Comment

Working...
                              X